Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
Yea, I have a 15kw for the house when Hurricanes come through. But if I took it to the track people would run me off. It鈥檚 a 700cc v twin with a lawn mower muffler on it. Sombitch weighs like 100 lbs more than my 400. 馃槀

Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
@Duckman :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: my 10k is actually pretty quite compared to my 7500,but if the track is quiet,I just use their power to plug into my trailer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@VielenDank if you can pull off installing it yourself,you can buy one for a lot cheaper,if money is no object then have em do it, it's super nice to have ! as far as your rinky dink generator..um nooo my 5500 barely manages with light ons and anything plugged into outlets.remember you have starting power and running.so if you're gonna have your entire trailer wired like mine you want to run 2 generators to the trailer then have em wire it that way,or you're gonna need to step it up on your output power on the generator ! I have workhorse 7500 and then ,my 10k
Well crap... more stuff to buy o_O

Director of Moderation
My 3400W champion can run my trailer with the AC, fridge and lights on, plus a set of tire warmers. Just sucks up more gas when it's loaded that much. And when the AC turns on, you can hear the generator motor almost stall. Those AC units require a lot of power at start-up for a split second, but after that it's not too bad.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have a 7'x14' cargo trailer on order. It has a 7' tall interior. I am having them install the framing support for a future AC unit (roof mounted).

Trailer should be pretty nice. I will do a design for the buildout once I receive and take measurements.
Definitely am excited to have a trailer! I remember being younger and poorer trying to do trackdays.... being poor and track days does not mix well.... I graduated up to having my own generator, tire warmers, nice suit, nice helmet, etc. now I am graduating up to actually having a trailer that I can deck out. Not that I am rich now by any means, but I am no longer a broke 24 year old....

Will post pictures once I get it. About a 4-5 week lead time right now. I plan to get a cover for him so when it is just sitting in the driveway it is not getting destroyed by the sun and pollen from the oak trees.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well the trailer is finished. I am going to pick it up this Saturday from Waco, TX. Roughly a 3 hour drive one way from Houston.

They sent me some photos. The trailer looks good. I am excited to get it and start doing my build. I ordered a pitbull TRS for my ninja. No more straps!!!!

I need to figure out how I am going to lay this trailer out. I already have a decent idea of what I want to do. I will keep everyone posted on the build for those that are interested.

Attachments

Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
@Duckman for the solid axles the use a cupler you have to intall on one side and then the other fits over the nut

Registered
Just wondering. I鈥檝e used it on my Duc鈥檚 with hollow axels.

Back to the trailer. Measure 12 time before drilling. :)

And for the walls use a depth stop on the drill, rubber hose or what ever. I have some extra holes in the aluminum from going too deep. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just wondering. I鈥檝e used it on my Duc鈥檚 with hollow axels.

Back to the trailer. Measure 12 time before drilling. :)

And for the walls use a depth stop on the drill, rubber hose or what ever. I have some extra holes in the aluminum from going too deep. :)

Argh..... yea, definitely want to make sure I do not drill through the exterior skin. I am going to do a sketch and post to see what yall think.

Registered
Argh..... yea, definitely want to make sure I do not drill through the exterior skin. I am going to do a sketch and post to see what yall think.
You gonna be sleeping in it at MSRH? If you got AC I may join you. :)
At Hallet we slept in the trailer and it was freaking 50 degrees. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
You gonna be sleeping in it at MSRH? If you got AC I may join you. :)
At Hallet we slept in the trailer and it was freaking 50 degrees. :)
I plan to eventually. I got them to install bracing for a future AC unit. I still need to buy one and install it. I am not sure when I will be able to do this as I have some projects around the house I have to fund $$$.

50 degrees!!! Hey, throw some blankets on and that is perfect! It beats sleeping in 85 degrees o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Finally got the trailer. Woohoo! 7 hour round trip to pick it up from Waco,Tx. Wasn鈥檛 too fun.
I have a 2017 Silverado 1500. It has a 5.3L V8. My truck gets about 22-24 mpg @ 65 mph.

With the trailer I was averaging around 11 mpg. The thing is very tall, so it does catch a lot of wind. It has a V-nose but I don鈥檛 know if that really has much of an impact on mpg.

During spring break my wife and I rented a 24鈥 RV bumper pull trailer and drove to Palo Duro Canyon (around Amarillo). Lots of wind up in that area of Texas. The last 3-4 hours of that trip I was getting 4 mpg!!!! It was ridiculous. I was stopping for fuel like every hour. I am not a fan of trying to tank up at a busy gas station with a trailer in tow..

Anyways, the trailer is nice but looks quite imposing when sitting in the driveway. I did price out a nearby storage place and It was $75 per month for a spot. I may eventually put the trailer there but I鈥檓 not sure.

Attachments

Director of Moderation
Finally got the trailer. Woohoo! 7 hour round trip to pick it up from Waco,Tx. Wasn鈥檛 too fun.
I have a 2017 Silverado 1500. It has a 5.3L V8. My truck gets about 22-24 mpg @ 65 mph.

With the trailer I was averaging around 11 mpg. The thing is very tall, so it does catch a lot of wind. It has a V-nose but I don鈥檛 know if that really has much of an impact on mpg.

During spring break my wife and I rented a 24鈥 RV bumper pull trailer and drove to Palo Duro Canyon (around Amarillo). Lots of wind up in that area of Texas. The last 3-4 hours of that trip I was getting 4 mpg!!!! It was ridiculous. I was stopping for fuel like every hour. I am not a fan of trying to tank up at a busy gas station with a trailer in tow..

Anyways, the trailer is nice but looks quite imposing when sitting in the driveway. I did price out a nearby storage place and It was $75 per month for a spot. I may eventually put the trailer there but I鈥檓 not sure.
Gas mileage sounds good. Wait till you fill up the trailer lol My Ram 1500 gets about 24 mpg also at 65 mph empty, but when I tow my trailer I've seen anywhere between 7.5 and 9.5 depending on wind, traffic, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Gas mileage sounds good. Wait till you fill up the trailer lol My Ram 1500 gets about 24 mpg also at 65 mph empty, but when I tow my trailer I've seen anywhere between 7.5 and 9.5 depending on wind, traffic, etc.
What are you towing with? I thought about upgrading my truck to a F250 Diesel, but trucks are just so insanely expensive right now. Also, reality is I do not really need a big diesel for towing this trailer. I do really like the new 2021 F150's.

I don't have a car payment, so I just need to be happy with what I have for now....

Director of Moderation
What are you towing with? I thought about upgrading my truck to a F250 Diesel, but trucks are just so insanely expensive right now. Also, reality is I do not really need a big diesel for towing this trailer. I do really like the new 2021 F150's.
;)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts