Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which R6 throttle tube are you guys using on your Ninja 400s? I’m pretty sure I read somewhere the newer version which is the 1/6 turn doesn’t work with our bikes but the older one 1/5 turn does? Just trying to get some verification before I order one, thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I ordered both and the only one that is a direct replacement is part number 5SL-26240-01-00. It’s the OEM R6 throttle tube off the 2005 model year which is 1/5 turn. The newer model tube’s part number is 2C0-26240-00-00 and has a 1/6 turn however some modification is needed for it to work properly. When the grip assembly is put back together there are components rubbing together and not allowing the throttle to return. I haven’t taken the fairings off to attempt to adjust the cables at the throttle body or modify the grip assembly however may attempt to in the future. For those who want a shorter throttle twist and an OEM quality part with a grip already installed go with the 5SL-26240-01-00 off the 2005 Yamaha R6.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
So I ordered both and the only one that is a direct replacement is part number 5SL-26240-01-00. It’s the OEM R6 throttle tube off the 2005 model year which is 1/5 turn. The newer model tube’s part number is 2C0-26240-00-00 and has a 1/6 turn however some modification is needed for it to work properly. When the grip assembly is put back together there are components rubbing together and not allowing the throttle to return. I haven’t taken the fairings off to attempt to adjust the cables at the throttle body or modify the grip assembly however may attempt to in the future. For those who want a shorter throttle twist and an OEM quality part with a grip already installed go with the 5SL-26240-01-00 off the 2005 Yamaha R6.
Good info, thanks for sharing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts