Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the R6 throttle tube mod on this bike? I want to have a quicker turn on the throttle from closed to WOT.

I was thinking on getting a throttle tube assembly for a 2006+ Yamaha R6. I know this mod has been used on ninja 300s, R3 and z125 pros which got me wondering if it will work on our n400s.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Anyone tried the R6 throttle tube mod on this bike? I want to have a quicker turn on the throttle from closed to WOT.

I was thinking on getting a throttle tube assembly for a 2006+ Yamaha R6. I know this mod has been used on ninja 300s, R3 and z125 pros which got me wondering if it will work on our n400s.
I am pretty sure it will work. It fits on a Honda CBR250R. I have not tried it on the 400. Cant imagine any reason why it wouldnt though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I just installed the 2006+ throttle tube (1/6 version). It is really nice but my throttle tub is sticking. Is there an adjuster for the return cable (decelerating safety)? I do notice the quick turn and I love it but I do want to get the throttle to snap back again. The worse case scenario is I'll have to shave down the "Push" side of the throttle tube to release some tension on the cable.

I also tried the older r6 tube (1/5 turn version) and that tube doesn't stick like the 1/6 version. I also checked to make sure that the grip and bar end is not causing the issue. The cable is also properly routed and lubed. The only thing I can think of causing the issue is not having enough slack on the "Push" cable (Cable closer to the rider).

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
So I just installed the 2006+ throttle tube (1/6 version). It is really nice but my throttle tub is sticking. Is there an adjuster for the return cable (decelerating safety)? I do notice the quick turn and I love it but I do want to get the throttle to snap back again. The worse case scenario is I'll have to shave down the "Push" side of the throttle tube to release some tension on the cable.

I also tried the older r6 tube (1/5 turn version) and that tube doesn't stick like the 1/6 version. I also checked to make sure that the grip and bar end is not causing the issue. The cable is also properly routed and lubed. The only thing I can think of causing the issue is not having enough slack on the "Push" cable (Cable closer to the rider).
I had a similar issue recently when I replaced the throttle cables on my trail bike. I couldn't for the life of me work out why the return cable was sticking so in the end I removed it. What a revelation, the snappiest throttle ever!

Now I'm perfectly happy that you are knowledgeable enough to realise the consequences of your own actions, as I was when I did this mod.
So there's no need for anyone to suggest that I'm trying to throw Doroyce under a bus thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts