Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk

This is the one I have.
If you're mechanically inclined it's not too bad if an install but if you've never been a tinkerer then maybe let an expert help you with it.

Hope this helps. 馃憤

Registered
2022 Ninja 400 ABS
Thank you very much! I鈥檒l give those a watch and see what it all entails. I was an apprentice mechanic for a GM dealership for three years so should be easy enough to follow along with half-decent instructions. I just get nervous or unsure of my ability with things like the correct shift rod size. Or whether you need to drain the gas tank before taking it off e.t.c

Registered
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
Thank you very much! I鈥檒l give those a watch and see what it all entails. I was an apprentice mechanic for a GM dealership for three years so should be easy enough to follow along with half-decent instructions. I just get nervous or unsure of my ability with things like the correct shift rod size. Or whether you need to drain the gas tank before taking it off e.t.c

This should help a bit as well.
If you look at the Norton MotorSports website and their how to's you'll learn a ton. Same for the STG or sportbiketrack gear YouTube channel, they e got a ton of how to's to help you along the way of your journey to working on your bike.

Even though I'm quite mechanically skilled their how to videos and scripts gave me little secrets of what to look for when working on the bike so you don't make mistakes and break something etc.

Best if luck to you and take the time to learn the bike and save some money too. 馃

Registered
Just installed an Annitori QS myself. Switched to a very short rod up front to move the sensor body fwd. GP shift. View attachment 24994
View attachment 24995
Got to test the Annitori this weekend. What a blast! It worked flawlessly the whole day. It was so nice to rev out, keep the throttle pinned and just step for a gear.

Registered
The correct rod sizes are easy. You measure the current rod on the bike. Then pick the rods that give you the same length. I just bought a kit with a bunch of right and left hand all-thread rods to make sure I had choices and spares.

With stock rearsets you don't need to buy any rods according to Annitori. The ones that come with the kit are used.

I have spacers on my shift arm on the shift shaft and used a shorter rod on the front to keep the sensor body from fouling the rearset bracket.

Registered
I installed HealTech Quicshifter Easy on my bike. Will you share your settings with me? Do you pull the clutch with open throttle on first to second gear, and maybe second to third too? My bike jerk when shift from first to second (I usually shift around 5k-6k rpm). Also if you pull the clutch when shift from 1st to second gear, do you shift it with open throttle? My current settings are 20% sensor, 15ms delay, cut-off time 135ms (auto).
6k is way too low to be using a QS. You need to be up above 9k I would guess. I had no issues with mine for any upshifts when above 10k.

Reactions: BakedBeans

Registered
The QS was great on the big track, Thunderhill East. I really should have gotten one years ago!

It just makes it so much easier shifting during the long turns and on the straights. Stock settings on the Annitori.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts