Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't see any mention of the FT ECU QS.

Any opinions either way? It's not programmable (unless you can do that thru the ECU?) so I suspect that would be a negative if you're looking for that feature.

p.s. Mod..thinking electronics would be a good place for this thread.

FTECU QS works great for me, no adjust-ability in the software, just a box you tick. However I haven't had any issues with it at all.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Getting ready to install an Annotori. I understand that switched power would be preferred over strait to the battery. What have y'all used? I'm seeing a red and black/yellow for the license plate light..I'm assuming using the red would give me switched?
I think i spliced the tail or brake light circuit.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have Dynojet with the short rod (H). Works great, but with the Woodcraft rearsets I had to go GP shift and trim the sprocket cover to get the sensor to clear the rear set bracket (I assume no issue with stock rearsets). Fine by me, but I can’t wait for my other bike’s rearsets to show up so I can do GP on it too and not have to remind myself which way to shift while I’m riding either bike.

·
Director of Moderation
3,524 Posts
Or get another linkage arm that has a male threaded rod instead of the female end, and screw that into the QS. When I had the Annitori QS, I didn't have a rod at all. I think I have a small extension now with the aRacer QS but I don't remember.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use the HealTech Quicshifter Easy. Pretty inexpensive, usually about $315, programmable from your phone and I had no issues with them. Cool that it is either push or pull and instead of a strain gauge, it uses a ring sensor that has many different possible mounting position options.
I installed HealTech Quicshifter Easy on my bike. Will you share your settings with me? Do you pull the clutch with open throttle on first to second gear, and maybe second to third too? My bike jerk when shift from first to second (I usually shift around 5k-6k rpm). Also if you pull the clutch when shift from 1st to second gear, do you shift it with open throttle? My current settings are 20% sensor, 15ms delay, cut-off time 135ms (auto).

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
1,027 Posts
QS's usually work better at a higher RPM range,have to remember these are aftermarket and won't work as well as some you see on SS and SBKs ! I have IRC on 5 of my builds and getting ready to switch over to HM on one to see if there's any difference

·
Registered
50 Posts
What settings do you have on the Annitori QS, I raced this weekend I tried 60 70 and 50 sensitivity upshifting is perfect downshifting is not good at all. Coming from Translogic and BMW/KTM Q/S so looking to get close to that smooth if possible.

+1 on that! I have had a few issues with mine actually (first ended up being a faulty wiring harness, and then a busted module) but Paul from tech support was awesome to deal with! Probably the best customer service I've ever seen. I was emailing him on Saturdays and Sundays while at the track (since that's when I would notice the issues) and he would reply back within 15-30 minutes every time! He sent me setup info, pics, etc. On top of that, after my QS died due to a crash, so no fault on Annitori's side, he sent me a new replacement at a very significant discount, sort of as a good will/racer discount. They didn't have to do that since the issue was caused by me, not a defect with the product. I would buy from them again simply because of their support.

·
Director of Moderation
3,524 Posts
What settings do you have on the Annitori QS, I raced this weekend I tried 60 70 and 50 sensitivity upshifting is perfect downshifting is not good at all. Coming from Translogic and BMW/KTM Q/S so looking to get close to that smooth if possible.
I don't remember, haven't used Annitori for a couple of years now. But downshifting doesn't have anything to do with a QS since it's not used for that.

·
Registered
2022 Ninja 400 ABS
2 Posts
I really want to buy a quick-shifter, but I'm concerned about the installation and knowing how to pick the correct size shift rod. Does anybody here know of videos that do a full install (every bolt needed to be removed) and show the whole process? Would need to be a QS that can be sold or shipped to Canada. Thanks, friends.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts