Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I just got my new ninja 400 about 2 days ago and now already ride about 90km
After then i found out that it really hard or it can’t do gear from 2 to N. Even from 1 to N it still hard to do .
Is there any1 got the same problem like me. I’m kinda worried cause my previews R3 it’s easy from 2 or 1 to N.
Sorry for my bad English and thank you for reading my post

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wouldn't worry as it will improve, but you could mention it to the dealer and see what they say.

The neutral finder makes it difficult (impossible?) to shift from 2-N or 1-N unless stopped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reading my post.

From 2-N its impossible to do even when i totally stopped or moving forward or back. For 1 - N i can do so when stopped but not easy as my preview R3
Wew the dealer said maybe it quite new so all part need time to running smoothly. So i just wait until time to change oil (600-800 km maybe)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Going from 2nd gear to N is not impossible on this bike, its just very hard to acheive.
On my previous bike I had no problem going from 2nd to N while stopping. On this bike I find it very hard to do.
Check your chain tension and adjust clutch freeplay first. It will still be very hard to do, but its not impossible. You just need to be VERY gentle with it. I've succeded a couple of times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts