Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see today Kawasaki NZ have moved the pricing up, a extra $500 each for both the plain black, was $7995 plus on road costs, up to $8495...
And the green KRT from $8495 to $8995...
I felt it was coming with our exchange rate decline, but I'm still really annoyed about it...
Between that, and the clutch issue, an big K having just taken 20 odd weeks to get new replacement panels for my blue 300, I shall have to give my change over to the 400 serious consideration...

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I see today Kawasaki NZ have moved the pricing up, a extra $500 each for both the plain black, was $7995 plus on road costs, up to $8495...
And the green KRT from $8495 to $8995...
I felt it was coming with our exchange rate decline, but I'm still really annoyed about it...
Between that, and the clutch issue, an big K having just taken 20 odd weeks to get new replacement panels for my blue 300, I shall have to give my change over to the 400 serious consideration...
Was it you they were going to be getting a blue 400 in for?
What price did they quote you on that bike?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it you they were going to be getting a blue 400 in for?
What price did they quote you on that bike?
Yes I was offered a blue one via indent order, would be a Canadian labeled one, they wanted $8495, same as KRT, and pay on order, with a 4 month lead-time or, maybe longer... I thought it should have been $8k, same as the black, and I wasn't keen on pay now, ride when ever it comes, so I didn't go ahead with the order...

Also I wanted to sell my 300, to move over to the 400, but I wasn't able to do anything till the panels an parts came through, my boy dropped it 4th June, assessment 11th June, an parts ordered, they just came in !!!

Seriously NOT impressed.... My boy is also intending to give big K NZ his opinion, and as he says, he is just starting his biking career, and on a new LAMS bike, as a learner, parts should be available in a timely manner, He now has a bad taste with BIG K, and doesn't think he will be having any more in his future...

Will be very interested to see what Kawasaki NZ have to say on the clutch issue, Im in my dealer Monday, to take my 300 in for its work, and Intend to voice my feelings to them, also ask them to come up with a answer on the clutch issue...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah, some bikes like the grom have increased pricing by a steady $200 every year. And the only changes are paint and cosmetics. Sheesh! Freakin inflation.

But still $500 is a huge deal.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Yeah, some bikes like the grom have increased pricing by a steady $200 every year. And the only changes are paint and cosmetics. Sheesh! Freakin inflation.

But still $500 is a huge deal.
To put it in perspective a bit it's only $300USD but still sucks if your in the market to buy.
Will be interesting to see if Yamaha raise the price on the 2019 R3 face-lift model.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I guess there is a popularity factor in there as well. Supply and demand for fatter pockets.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If Yamaha for 2020 goes with updated styling on the R3 like Kawi did on the 400, switch those headlights over to the R1/R6 nose and goes with a 400...or even rumors of a inline 3 400....I am having strong feelings my next bike will be the R4, with those inverted forks already on it(although they do not appear to have any adjustments like rebound and damping)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
If Yamaha for 2020 goes with updated styling on the R3 like Kawi did on the 400, switch those headlights over to the R1/R6 nose and goes with a 400...or even rumors of a inline 3 400....I am having strong feelings my next bike will be the R4, with those inverted forks already on it(although they do not appear to have any adjustments like rebound and damping)
That rumor has been kicking around for a long time and probably came out of S.E. Asia so I wouldn't pin hopes on that.
It's a cool concept but the production costs would be high and then all of a sudden their bike would be more expensive than the competition and they would lose sales as there's not enough buyers like ourselves who would appreciate the difference.
Despite all the track/racing related advertising these bikes are built essentially for the entry to motorcycling market and have to be built to meet that price point spec wise.
Honda have the potential to build a really hot CBR400RR too but I bet they wont. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts