Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Power Thunder PTL-7 (YTX9-BS) with 180 CCA at 12v 36wh with a STD of 1.5A and max of 15a And I love it, Its exactly the same dimensions as the stock batter, even after taking over 4 weeks to arrive it came with a full charge "not even .1 volts less" and even fit in the bike perfectly, the fit was even better than the stock battery fit. It even has a small little light button to show the current status of the battery aka low,medium or high. the battery weighs 0.7 kilos while stock weighs 3.1 kilos. I feel the bike even starts cleaner now and who would have thought that using a lithium battery could make the bike so much more nibble "maybe because a lower centre of gravity?" anyway the packaging was very good and the battery itself feels very high quality, the bike starts without hassle and the battery has been doing its job very well, I even left the lights on for a good 5 minutes to see if it will have any impact to the starting of the bike and it didnt, so far its a 10/10 product much approved especially since its a perfect fit and the exact same dimensions as the stock battery :) trust me go lithium the bike definitely feels more nibble and i even broke my 0-60 mph time at 4.15 seconds so its been a good day.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Good write up mate and thanks for the link.

It's nearly an identical weight to my Shorai which is impressive given they have kept the outter casing full size. That makes for an easy swap out as you said.
I see it's made in Italy so should be reasonable quality too.

Not trying to rain on your parade but longevity is the big crunch point with these lithium batteries or rather a lack of. So will be interesting to see how it goes for you.
I must admit when my last Shorai died after 3 years of use I was a wee bit miffed as they aren't cheap.

The stock battery is a real lump on this bike and because it's right under your butt you do notice when suddenly 2.3 kilos (5lbs) is not there any longer!

Keep us posted on how it goes through the winter.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good write up mate and thanks for the link.

It's nearly an identical weight to my Shorai which is impressive given they have kept the outter casing full size. That makes for an easy swap out as you said.
I see it's made in Italy so should be reasonable quality too.

Not trying to rain on your parade but longevity is the big crunch point with these lithium batteries or rather a lack of. So will be interesting to see how it goes for you.
I must admit when my last Shorai died after 3 years of use I was a wee bit miffed as they aren't cheap.

The stock battery is a real lump on this bike and because it's right under your butt you do notice when suddenly 2.3 kilos (5lbs) is not there any longer!

Keep us posted on how it goes through the winter.
Yeh the stock battery is a heavy one "Heavier than the r3's stock battery by 0.35 kgs" and as long as it can last me 2 years I am happy with it, cranking feels stronger but could be in my head and battery holds a charge fine :) I wonder how a full system would make the bike feel, just waiting for Akro to release the headers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I received my Power Thunder PTL-7 (YTX9-BS) with 180 CCA at 12v 36wh with a STD of 1.5A and max of 15a And I love it, Its exactly the same dimensions as the stock batter, even after taking over 4 weeks to arrive it came with a full charge "not even .1 volts less" and even fit in the bike perfectly, the fit was even better than the stock battery fit. It even has a small little light button to show the current status of the battery aka low,medium or high. the battery weighs 0.7 kilos while stock weighs 3.1 kilos. I feel the bike even starts cleaner now and who would have thought that using a lithium battery could make the bike so much more nibble "maybe because a lower centre of gravity?" anyway the packaging was very good and the battery itself feels very high quality, the bike starts without hassle and the battery has been doing its job very well, I even left the lights on for a good 5 minutes to see if it will have any impact to the starting of the bike and it didnt, so far its a 10/10 product much approved especially since its a perfect fit and the exact same dimensions as the stock battery :) trust me go lithium the bike definitely feels more nibble and i even broke my 0-60 mph time at 4.15 seconds so its been a good day.

Ok keep us updated! So far I'm sold!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts