Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I had done with my Ninja 250 back in the day was put two-stage bulbs into the front turn signal pods and wire them ghetto-style to the tail light harness (i.e. shove it in there and tape it down), so the front turn signals also would be on as running lights. As the 400 already has white running lights in the headlight area, I wonder if it might be possible to run a line just from there to the turn signal pods, to put in some nice two-stage amber lights in the signal pods.

Having them out there just makes you look a little wider at night, for the extra visibility in someone's mirrors.

Has anyone yet taken a look in there to see if it's possible? (Might have to switch turn signals to LEDs as the white DRLs in place already are LEDs, but that's OK by me! I'd go ahead and do LED signals all around and put in an electronic flasher like I did with my '92 XJ600.)

·
Registered
744 Posts
One of the things I had done with my Ninja 250 back in the day was put two-stage bulbs into the front turn signal pods and wire them ghetto-style to the tail light harness (i.e. shove it in there and tape it down), so the front turn signals also would be on as running lights. As the 400 already has white running lights in the headlight area, I wonder if it might be possible to run a line just from there to the turn signal pods, to put in some nice two-stage amber lights in the signal pods.

Having them out there just makes you look a little wider at night, for the extra visibility in someone's mirrors.

Has anyone yet taken a look in there to see if it's possible? (Might have to switch turn signals to LEDs as the white DRLs in place already are LEDs, but that's OK by me! I'd go ahead and do LED signals all around and put in an electronic flasher like I did with my '92 XJ600.)
Hmmm, this indicator LED looks viable. Switchback DRL... my possible future mod, muhahahah!

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-pindicators.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts