Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ninja 300
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need to mount a new set of tires. I'm thinking in these two. Has anyone ridden both and compare them?
I've read some threads about the Diablo Rosso III, but almost anything about the Cup Evo.

I'd use them mainly on track. I ride intermediate / group B.
I don't have tire warmers, so I won't take a too racy compound. I'm ok if they don't last long.

I could get something else as long as they make the 110/70 front.
Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it's really strictly for the track, I would suggest getting warmers and going with slicks. PitPosse has a good set of small warmers for $200ish on ebay. I held off for so goddamn long before I made the switch thinking I was not fast enough and kept on using Q3+s, but immediately after switching I dropped 2.5 seconds off my previous PB and also was saving things I knew would have ended in a crash had I been on the Q3+s. My friend on his Ninja 300 switched the same time as I did and had the same results...it's night and day difference going to slicks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The bad part about warmers is you also need a generator for them so yea, it gets expensive.

But there is nothing like a set of real race tires. Do yourself a favor and get a set of Pirelli TD tires. No warmers needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The bad part about warmers is you also need a generator for them so yea, it gets expensive.

But there is nothing like a set of real race tires. Do yourself a favor and get a set of Pirelli TD tires. No warmers needed.
Depends on the tracks you go to. The track I spend most of my time at has power so I just bring a 75 ft extension rather than the generator, but yeah most tracks do not have power.

·
Registered
2013 Ninja 300
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

TD as in Trackday, right? I had heard about them. Thanks for reminding me about those. I couldn't find them in the Pirelli website though. I found Moto-D sells them. Very nice option. It only makes me wonder how they do in the wet. I like being out there rain or shine.

Yeah, no warmers, no generator, and even if I had a generator, I don't know if I could fit it in my car.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am a Michelin man and rock the Power Cup Evos with the 140/70 rear. They stick like glue and I don’t use warmers. I am on the 2nd rear. Only a few track days left so the current set should last the rest of the season. 😎

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
858 Posts
I use the PCevos great tyre.last long great grip good in the rain as well. make sure if you do use warmers you use the correct size for the rear (medium) I use MotoD dual temps

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cup Evos are better for track compared to the two. The cup evos may be my next set potentially. That is if I finally get a hitch on my car..

Reactions: jetpilot01

·
Registered
2013 Ninja 300
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was almost set for the Diablo Rosso III, but when I look for a retailer it looks like nobody has the front in 110/70. May there be shortage on Pirelli's due to Covid? Revzilla has the rear, but I couldn't find the front.

Does anyone know a retailer who may have it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used the Pirelli Supercorsa SP before and these are just crap on track, and loose grip early maybe because they are chinese crap tires ("made in china")? After that used Pirelli Diablo Superbike and now Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa (SC1) Rear 140/70 and Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa (SC1) Front 110/70

I love the Pirelli Diablo Superbike and the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC with these tires You are the limit not the bike, brake pedal and gear shifter hits the ground at the corners on track (and of curse footpegs with removed pin).

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Fact check: who on earth told you Supercorsa SP’s are made in China?
Brown Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

the SP is a street tire, and one of the best made which isn’t totally wasted on track. The SC and slicks are pure race tires and need tire warmers if you’re serious about it.

Pirelli is owned by Metzler which is German.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fact check: who on earth told you Supercorsa SP’s are made in China? View attachment 20492

the SP is a street tire, and one of the best made which isn’t totally wasted on track. The SC and slicks are pure race tires and need tire warmers if you’re serious about it.

Fact check: who on earth told you Supercorsa SP’s are made in China? View attachment 20492

Looks like You are lucky then, the SP (140/70 and 110/70) that we get in Thailand are "made in china" (fact checked). ;)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle

The Metzeler (Pirelli) nice factory in Germany and remarkably interesting to see when they make the high-end tires, when You see the production, You get a better understanding for the tire price. Have been in the factory two times.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Looks like You are lucky then, the SP (140/70 and 110/70) that we get in Thailand are "made in china" (fact checked). ;)

View attachment 20493

The Metzeler (Pirelli) nice factory in Germany and remarkably interesting to see when they make the high-end tires, when You see the production, You get a better understanding for the tire price. Have been in the factory two times.
I did not know that. Thanks for correcting me. I've only seen the German made tires here.

·
Registered
2013 Ninja 300
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for this, JD. I ended up ordering from Moto-D. The price was in line with other retailers and the tires I got were made in early 2021, so I got fresh rubber.
The only thing that didn't go perfect was the shipping. The website said they had the Pirellis in stock, so I expected to get the tires in about week. (from CT to FL). I paid particular attention to this, because I wanted to make it to my next track day.
Well, it looks like they didn't have them in stock. When I placed the order, I quickly got a tracking number with an ETA of seven days. But seven days after, the tracking said 'delivered', but it was delivered to Moto-D shop address. It seems that MotoD just ordered the tires when I ordered from them. So, from there, three more days (more reasonable) to go from CT to FL and my tires finally made it.

I expected at least a 'Sorry' from MotoD for the delay, but it didn't happen.

Anyways, tires mounted now, and hopefully riding tomorrow.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for this, JD. I ended up ordering from Moto-D. The price was in line with other retailers and the tires I got were made in early 2021, so I got fresh rubber.
The only thing that didn't go perfect was the shipping. The website said they had the Pirellis in stock, so I expected to get the tires in about week. (from CT to FL). I paid particular attention to this, because I wanted to make it to my next track day.
Well, it looks like they didn't have them in stock. When I placed the order, I quickly got a tracking number with an ETA of seven days. But seven days after, the tracking said 'delivered', but it was delivered to Moto-D shop address. It seems that MotoD just ordered the tires when I ordered from them. So, from there, three more days (more reasonable) to go from CT to FL and my tires finally made it.

I expected at least a 'Sorry' from MotoD for the delay, but it didn't happen.

Anyways, tires mounted now, and hopefully riding tomorrow.
Moto-D pretty good most of the time. Unfortunately those shipping delays are happening everywhere.

·
Registered
2013 Ninja 300
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Moto-D pretty good most of the time. Unfortunately those shipping delays are happening everywhere.
Yeah, just a little rant. :)
I got kind of upset because the website said 'In Stock' and they didn't have it. Just a heads up. Next time, a quick call before ordering to be sure they have it in stock if you need the stuff quick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts