Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Installed the Kawasaki solo cowl today.

First, it is quite a few pieces to assemble:

Comparison to stock seat:

The weight difference is 4.7 oz lighter for the solo cowl.

You can't swap freely between the two, because you have to install this bracket:

The bracket is a bit of a pain to install, because there are nuts you use on the bottom side. Easy to lose one.

Installed on bike:

I am kind of on the fence with this mod. It looks pretty good. It is a bit of a pain for the install. And, really, you are only losing 4.7 oz of weight...because you can remove the pegs/hanger anyway. Then you can always reinstall them really quick if you need to ride a passenger....without dealing with that new bracket. Cost was $159 with free shipping, off of ebay.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I'm on the fence a bit with this mod now too. Esp now that I see it is not a quick swap between the two and you cant easily put stuff under there. Not a lot lighter either. It does look quite good in the pictures though, thanks for sharing.
I will see how cheap I can get one in Thailand in July and how much spare room is in my luggage :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm on the fence a bit with this mod now too. Esp now that I see it is not a quick swap between the two and you cant easily put stuff under there. Not a lot lighter either. It does look quite good in the pictures though, thanks for sharing.
I will see how cheap I can get one in Thailand in July and how much spare room is in my luggage :D
3175 Baht or $101 I already ordered one from my friend in Thailand :) it should be in this week. I am home on April 4th finally after 31 days gone from home.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ive aready put one on my 400 ,I put some gaffer tap on spanner to hold nut underneath and I changed bolts ones with crosscut heads and used a
screwdriver made it a lot easier

·
Registered
211 Posts
If only they made one that matched the Solar Yellow bike. Or if I saw someone with it on solar yellow to make sure it looks ok. So far I've only seen Black or Blue.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If only they made one that matched the Solar Yellow bike. Or if I saw someone with it on solar yellow to make sure it looks ok. So far I've only seen Black or Blue.
The back of the grey and solar yellow bike is black. So the black cowl is what you need.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah I was just hoping they'd do a Solar Yellow one thinking it might add more color to it. I'm actually really tempted to get it but will have to wait till after vacation at the end of the month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts