Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really cant understand how people like the green edition...its so childish looking, the krt edition of any Kawasaki to me just looks bad, all black everything imo :)
I agree. Never been interest in the green but love what Kawasaki did with this bike. At my current rate of riding the 600 mile service will be due within a week or sooner.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I agree. Never been interest in the green but love what Kawasaki did with this bike. At my current rate of riding the 600 mile service will be due within a week or sooner.
save money and service yourself, I never trust those mechanics especially when they have it ready in less than 30 minutes, You need to really drain that oil not just let it leak a little haha either way congrats on the bike dude cant wait to pick mine up before the 24th

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats on the new bike dude, glad to hear you cant keep off it. To each their own in terms of colour preference, but the Kawasaki green has always been a staple colour to me. That being said I may very well be considering the region exclusive red available here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Word of warning about black, its low visability to cagers, after about getting my ass run over more times than i care to remember on my black ninja 1000 i bought one of the high visabilty black and yellow bell helmets and it has made all the difference in the world on being noticed, had one truck about hit me twice in a row, i was getting ready to kick his ass got him pulled over im storming up to the truck then he immediately started apologizing saying he didnt see me, im like dood its full sunshine you pull out in front of me forcing me to the other lane then you switch lanes and about hit me again, he said with the sun in his eyes he didnt notice the all black bike, i give him the benefit of the doubt and started paying attention to all black vehicles cars, trucks and bikes, after observing for a while and really seen how less visible they were i went straight to the dealer and purchased me and the wife the high visability helmets, havent had near the incidents.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Word of warning about black, its low visability to cagers, after about getting my ass run over more times than i care to remember on my black ninja 1000 i bought one of the high visabilty black and yellow bell helmets and it has made all the difference in the world on being noticed, had one truck about hit me twice in a row, i was getting ready to kick his ass got him pulled over im storming up to the truck then he immediately started apologizing saying he didnt see me, im like dood its full sunshine you pull out in front of me forcing me to the other lane then you switch lanes and about hit me again, he said with the sun in his eyes he didnt notice the all black bike, i give him the benefit of the doubt and started paying attention to all black vehicles cars, trucks and bikes, after observing for a while and really seen how less visible they were i went straight to the dealer and purchased me and the wife the high visability helmets, havent had near the incidents.
I totally agree with you. I also wear all high gear.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Yes, very good point. I've got a black model and are very mindful of this factor.

I've been wearing boring white mono bloc helmets for years to make myself more vizable and it works.

My main two riding buddies are a guy on a silver/blue bike with a white helmet and another guy on a dark grey bike with a black helmet. It's like night and day.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I looked at the green one thought about it over a couple days, but liked look of black one better,
so mines a black one, and with the Akropovic on it looks superb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts