Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Ninja 400 prior - 84 GS550 88 Ninja 600 91 ZX-7R 98 GSXR750 04 XB9R
102 Posts
Here’s a link to my Ram Mount post in another thread. The stem mount takes some work to get it right but works great once in place.

Ram Mount Photos

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Quad Lock mount and it has been working very well for me. I've got it mounted on the left clip on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Be careful with mounting a cell phone. My iPhone 11 camera was mounted on a RAM mount and went on the fritz after maybe 10-hours of riding on my snowmobile. Turns out it is a commonly reported problem on various forums including Apple's and mostly reported by bikers. The working theory seems to be that vibrations destroy the delicate mechanisms behind the optical image stabilization.

I know that the problem is not limited to RAM mounts. Most of the posts were Quadlock related but not sure if maybe Apple sells Quadlock on their store or not. Posts indicate that Quadlock acknowledged the problem and developed some sort of mount with vibration dampening, but after this experience I would always be worried that any vibration that inevitably gets through will eventually kill my camera again.

I would assume other phones with optical image stabilization could also be susceptible.

I ended up buying a dedicated handheld GPS for snowmobiling, but now with a bike am considering either mounting a car GPS OR using an older phone and tethering it to my main phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts