Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a good app on my phone for riding. I often will have google maps or Waze on (even I am not using it for directions). Google does log my routes and I can go back and look at them via timeline. However, I was wondering if anybody had a motorcycle riding app that is more specific and would like to share their experience.

I found a new app called EatSleepRide. It has a social app component (which I don't personally care for) but it seems to be geared toward bike riders and logging rides. I plan to try it out this week. Anybody have any suggestions or experiences that they would like to share?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I’ve used fitness apps before. They log miles, route, various speed related data etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should check out
Rever
It is pretty good and can be used for logging as well as directions, there is also a paid version that can be setup to be used for emergency purposes and they also have a alarm system that can be installed on the bike that can be used with the app.
I have not used the alarm system or the emergency service parts of the app so can't really say anything good or bad about them.
But I do use the logging and directions and both work great in the Philippines so I would imagine that they would work just about anywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am using calimoto - it has ride logging and route planning/directions. Route planning is really nice - you can specify the level of "twistyness" for the roads on your route, you can add waypoints in addition to "from" and "to" points, you can generate random roundtrips of a given duration if you just want to go for a ride. Available on iOS and Android, and also has a web interface that makes route planning very easy - big computer screen and mouse beats fat finger on a small phone screen any day :)

I discovered really nice roads in my area through this app. Highly recommend.

Paid version unlocks "super-twisty" roads, but in my experience there is not that much difference between that and the next setting up. And you can always slap a waypoint on your favorite road if it gets omitted from the route.

There are some additional limitations for the free version - not all maps are available, some statistics in the ride log is not shown, and I think it limits you to only one regional map at a time, so you can not plan any long distance rides with it. I bought a subscription mostly to support developers, but used the additional maps on my rides from MA to NH.

It has a bit of social functionality - you can share your rides and browse rides shared by others, but I am not that big on the whole social aspect of riding and did not experiment much with it.

The free version is worth a look anyway, does not cost you anything if you don't like it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've heard good things about caliMoto but haven't used it.

I like Yamaha's MyRide app. Saves your route and tracks all kinds of neat stats (top speed, max lean angle, fastest braking, ect.).

·
Registered
7 Posts
So here's my question, I tried a couple of GPS routing apps. So far none do what I want them to. One let me plan a route, but it would not reroute to my next way point if I ventured off the current route. So any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts