Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a date this weekend and I'm debating on whether I should pull up on my bike, or in my Ford Fusion. I know I know obvious choice, but I'm not sure how the 399cc bike would fare with her (~150 lbs) and I (170 lbs). I have a helmet and a forcefield armored jacket she could wear. Does anybody have any experience with riding with a passenger on your 400?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I've got a date this weekend and I'm debating on whether I should pull up on my bike, or in my Ford Fusion. I know I know obvious choice, but I'm not sure how the 399cc bike would fare with her (~150 lbs) and I (170 lbs). I have a helmet and a forcefield armored jacket she could wear. Does anybody have any experience with riding with a passenger on your 400?
Check the maximum weight in the owners manual or sticker on the swing arm, if it checks out you should be good to go, you will probably haveto shift at a higher rpm, i shift at 5,000 with my 200 lb carcass on the bike.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are you picking up your date or just meeting your date? And is this a first date?

If you’re picking her up and it’s a first date, Are you positive she likes motorcycles and she is ok if her hair gets all messed up wearing the helmet? :) Also is she wearing high heels? Picking up on the bike may be the end of any future dates. Haha I would go with your car and maybe a second planned date ride on the motorcycle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have rode with the gf on the 400, cranked the rear preload to the hardest setting, the bike seemed to handle okay.
My issues were slow accerelation and slower braking, my gf complained the seat was uncomfortable but this is her first time on a sportbike (she rode pillion on scooter/standard bike with me before) so that might be a factor

·
Registered
141 Posts
Max weight is around 390lb on the 400.

Do you want to go out with her again? If possibly yes, take the car. Discuss your motorcycle lyfe over the date and ask if she would be interested in riding the bike next time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't show up with the bike if you don't discuss it with her first. Let her know you have one and some extra gear and ask if she'd be interested in going for a ride with you. Or just take the car for the first date and discuss it for a potential second date.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know

Since you have perked everyone's interest, will you advise everyone after the fact what your decision was and how it went?

:feedback:

·
Registered
199 Posts
How did everyone miss the correct / obvious answer...?

Unless previously discussed, the car is the right answer, for sure, but... Throw your helmet / riding jacket on the back seat.

If she has any interest at all, it'll come up in conversation and you can offer her a ride. And, if she's interested, well, guess where the bike is... Yep, its at your place...

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
None of my previous girlfriends (this is only a case study of three Ha ha.) have been into riding on the back of my bikes.
Two did a token ride out of interest and then never again and the first one refused to even get on as she had been brainwashed by her parents since a child that motorcycles were "death machines"

So yes, as much as we all love motorcycles, I would def pick her up in the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I wrote in other thread..." (Based on my experience with Ninja 300 ) I wish Ninja 400 has TWO brake discs at the front wheel. The only one is way, way too "week" for two persons riding :-( "

·
Registered
744 Posts
As I wrote in other thread..." (Based on my experience with Ninja 300 ) I wish Ninja 400 has TWO brake discs at the front wheel. The only one is way, way too "week" for two persons riding :-( "
That will just add more unsprung weight. Easy fix is SS braided brake lines, sintered brake pads, high performance brake fluid, and radial master cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts