Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some saddlebags in the future...there’s two different sizes, 2x25L and 2x30L.
Wondering if anyone has any 30L or if they’re too large to mount onto the back of the N400. Would be ideal to get the bigger ones as they’ll do the next bike too!
Cheers.

The ones I’m looking at are the Oxford P60R.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wondering if anyone has any 30L or if they’re too large to mount onto the back of the N400. Would be ideal to get the bigger ones as they’ll do the next bike too!
Cheers.

The ones I’m looking at are the Oxford P60R.

The dimensions on the Oxford P60R are 19.7" L x 11.8" W (15.3" W expanded) x 12.6" H

The Ninja 400 has 9-10 inches from the tail side to the top of the stock exhaust.. With that said.. people can find ways to mount anything to the back of a bike if they really wish too.. There are bars that attach to the frame and extend backwards to stop a big bag from folding into the back wheel while riding.. I assume you could make some to push out far enough to avoid the exhaust.. The cheap solution is a big bungee chord that wraps from one passenger peg to the other and around the license plate mount.. but wouldn't get you past the exhaust issue. How it will all look..I guess is a personal choice as well..

I will say that I own the Nelson Rigg-40 saddlebags.. (https://amzn.to/2AcgPDc) that's about 10.5L per side.. maybe a size 10 short boot stuffed in each side would fill them up.. These little bags..to "me".. take up the whole side of a Ninja 400 if thrown over the seat and have the possibility without support, to hit the back tire.. their dimensions are just 13.5 inch length x 6.5 inch width x 7.5 inch height

An option might be to toss saddlebags OVER a rigid Tail Bag... this would raise the sides by quite a bit.. with proper padding over the fenders would/should stop wear marks.. again..beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Good luck on your adventure and safe travels!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worth noting, not long fitted my tail tidy just to make things a little harder for myself ?. To be fair they won’t be used regular enough that is bother making any kind of bracket really, I’ll keep an eye out for smaller ones and work my way round it. Was just curious as to how big people have gone for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts