Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I like to buy local but I ordered most of riding gear from Amazon or Fortnine.ca.

I use Alpinestar Wake Airpants for hot and warm-ish weather with a Joe Rocket mesh jacket (I used the jacket with the liner on in cold weather, about 3 or 4 degrees Celsius).

For cold weather, I bought a second hand Bering riding suit, that comes with overpants (I think they are overpants, at least they work that way for me, lol).

I also own a pair of Scorpion riding jeans.

·
Registered
186 Posts
are riding pants or jeans supposed to be long?

I don't have any yet but they all seem to have a 32-25 inseam... can they be shortened ?

I get the riding position they come up a bit just not sure how there suplosed to work.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

I don't have any yet but they all seem to have a 32-25 inseam... can they be shortened ?

I get the riding position they come up a bit just not sure how there suplosed to work.
I don't have a lot of experience with lots of different brands of riding pants, but mine are a little long and baggy when standing while hitting just right when on the bike. I suspect this is common, just like the extra long sleeves on motorcycle jackets hit just right when on the bike.

I imagine that they could be tailored if they're much too long, but inquire carefully that the person who does the work knows how to do safety gear correctly.

Reactions: Zwhiz

·
Registered
223 Posts
:cool: I use Field Sheer cargo over pants ,Just nylon with knee guards but great for winter or cold days,I ride 39 degrees and higher,they have large pockets on the ft,they are hot in summer,I tried to wear them to hourse shoes on day with shorts under but forgot to bring sneeks so I had to plat with ridding boots on,( Icon boots) oh well...

·
Registered
549 Posts

I shortened mine. That was last year, I don't remember by how much though. But first, I washed them then put them in the drier to make them shrink the first time. It is a trick that I learned from owning gis.

·
Registered
186 Posts
all my GI's get cold washed and hang dry... i shrank way to many GI and they get costly....

Which scorpion pants do you have?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have the Scorpion Covert jeans. They were my first motorcycling pants, I bought them once I got my temporary license last year, back in the good ol' days when you were able to try stuff in the stores. :D

About Gi's you're right. This was something that my teacher told us: he shrinks them at the first wash, this way they shrink a bit less in the following washes. In fact, I read the same advice years ago concerning jeans. It may apply to all heavy cotton fabrics.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts