Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today i was riding down a street, looked to the left and saw a shirtless guy looking like he was taking a rest from a jog on a curb laying down. He was on the side of a parking lot next to a tree by the ditch right next to the street i was riding down. I do a double take and it looked really odd to me, so 100 ft or so down, i turn around and to go check on him. i get next to him and park and see ants crawling in his eyeballs and mouth and i call 911. Very clear what happened to him, went for a run, took a rest on the curb, and had a heat stroke and fell over... it's really sad. He looked 50-65 but healthy. I'm real sad for him and his family. Not his time to go... Crazy, all those cars that passed by and saw him and did nothing.

This is stuff that makes me feel alive. I found my Dad dead in his apartment in december, and that is why i even ride a bike in the first place now. After that, i said **** it and felt like doing whatever i wanted to do in life.

Reactions: ryanemm and Fuby

·
Registered
656 Posts
I get the life is to short so you better enjoy it part - but wow, your gonna have that image of ants crawling on his eyes in your head for the rest of your life.. its one thing to see that in the movies but in real life - that would give me the heebie jeebies.

·
Registered
440 Posts
We all got our own path.. some cross..

They found my older brother that way some years ago.. we use to hunt, camp and ride together many years before that, surely we would have time to do it again.. There he was, sitting outside as if he knew something was wrong and was going to go get help and just gave out...they had to describe the same scenario to me for some reason unknown.. but he swore he would live to 90.. he was dead at 56. .. I spurted forward for a bit and then fell back to complacent on that current path. I figure its just life.. might be the reason a lot of us ride again... to find the beautiful moments we miss all around us on a regular day... safe travels.. tomorrow is a blessing.. not a promise..

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
656 Posts
We are very mortal things us human beings, gotta enjoy the day as there may not be a preceding one.
Great I bet A1 saw this and thats why hes getting a bigger bike..:grin:

to find the beautiful moments we miss all around us on a regular day... safe travels.. tomorrow is a blessing.. not a promise..
I like that part allot..! you write well grass hopper.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh man....finding someone is pretty **** traumatic....it's the one thing in my life I wish I couldn't remember....

·
Registered
242 Posts
San Jose half marathon, jogged past a dead guy literally 30 seconds from the finish line. And another woman died far behind me. Pretty rare for people to die during half marathons, much less two people! Neighbor died in his sleep. Later, his 32yo daughter got sick in 2014 around Thanksgiving went to hospital and was dead 2 weeks later. When the grim reaper comes, there's not much you can do. Life could be short, enjoy life and be kind to each other!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts