Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

OTD Prices in 2022?

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  xorbe 
#1 ·
I'm potentially in the market for an N400 as a shared track day bike for my fiancé and I. I emailed a local dealer and was quoted $7890 for a non-ABS bike. Seems oddly high for a 5200 MSRP bike.

Curious to know what others have paid for bikes in recent months if you're willing to share. Also, if you got a decent deal and had a good experience, which dealer? Happy to drive for the right bike and deal.

#7 ·
If OTD was closer to $6-6.5k, I could stomach a new bike for track use having seen the used prices out there.

If it's gonna be closer to 7.5k-8k, I'll keep taking it easy on my current bike while looking for a dropped or slightly cosmetic damaged N400 on the used market... and ask around at track days for people looking to offload their N400 soon.

Reactions: misnblu
#9 ·
What they said. 7421.00 OTD 2022 w/ABS and 3 yr extended warranty in April. Due to warranty, I will not use it on the track cause warranty only covers 'normal' use and Kawasaki parts. I was thinking about getting a used one, hopefully with some mods already for doing track in a couple of years when I am more comfortable/experienced. I've seen 20-21's for 5Gs out there with extremely low miles, some not even past the 'break-in' miles.

#14 ·
I'm potentially in the market for an N400 as a shared track day bike for my fiancé and I. I emailed a local dealer and was quoted $7890 for a non-ABS bike. Seems oddly high for a 5200 MSRP bike.
I'm going Ninja 400/Vulcan S (both ABS) shopping today. I've paid MSRP or below for my cars, with MSRP pricing coming with free perks like floor mats. But there is no way I'm paying market adjustment or dealer markup.

I understand that dealers have the right to sell for whatever they want, but the market adjustment pricing will not end unless we stopping feeding that market.

#16 ·
I got quotes from 2 dealers. No mark-up, but varying fees. One at $78xx, one at $74xx for the same spec bike.

One dealer had double the freight/setup fees, the other had low freight/setup but double the doc fees. All depends on what your dealers charge for "fees"

#17 ·
They are around $6800 OTD around here for non ABS.
I have a 2022 non ABS with less than 500 miles on it I am going to sell.
A friend is interested, so I am waiting for him to make up his mind.
Where are you located? I am North Central Alabama.

#19 ·
All the way across the country!
I told my buddy I would sell it for $5500 with the Akra slip on, Shogun frame sliders, and Ram phone mount, still under warranty, etc.
He is waffling though. If he doesn't decide soon, I am going to list it in the classifieds.

• Wow
Reactions: varyantz and Baxter
#20 · (Edited)
Here's how this would go down in San Jose California. $5299 non-abs black/gray N400 + $435 dest + $300 surcharge (Kawasaki USA not dealer!) + $80 doc + $300 setup (dealer) = $6415 subtotal. $224 CA reg + 585 CA tax = $7224 otd sticker, basically. In white, about $7450 otd. Add abs to that, $7890 otd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.