Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rang my local Kawasaki dealer this morning and placed my order for a 400 in the Metallic spark black colour option.
I was just holding off to see what the pricing on this new model was going to be in New Zealand but when I saw that in the States it was same price as the Ninja300 I thought go for it, so I did. :)

I also told him I want the accessory Akrapovic slip on exhaust and pillion seat cowl as soon as they available as well.

Will be a nice way to start the new year! I haven't had a road going bike for six months now and it's high summer here in the southern hemisphere, need to be out there carving up some corners! :D

Anyone else placed an order yet?

·
Registered
244 Posts
kiwi,

My dad would often make a deal with the dealership to purchase his accessories (at a later date) at a discount, bargaining at the close of his purchase for the bike. I saw this work for him twice already. One dealer let him have whatever accessories he wanted for 10% above his cost after he bought the bike, which was a gold wing. Of course he has used that dealer for many purchases other than motorcycles (Polaris 4x4, Honda 4 wheelers, lawn equipment, etc.)

wish you the best on your purchase,
RDE09

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
How much did you have to put down? Did you get OTD in writing?

I was thinking, well if I want the N400, I might as well get the new updated N650. But then I consider well I already have a 765 godcycle, what I really want is an addition small beater motorcycle, not another midsized ride. I love tooling around on the Triumph, but I also miss wringing out my old 250 and 300 rides sometimes. I really just need to sit on a N400 to know though.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did you have to put down? Did you get OTD in writing?

I was thinking, well if I want the N400, I might as well get the new updated N650. But then I consider well I already have a 765 godcycle, what I really want is an addition small beater motorcycle, not another midsized ride. I love tooling around on the Triumph, but I also miss wringing out my old 250 and 300 rides sometimes. I really just need to sit on a N400 to know though.
Things are pretty casual down here in NZ so I didn't need to put down anything or confirm the price in writing. Retail prices don't tend to vary here nationwide, esp on a new model. I know the dealer personally cos he also races at my local track. So I'm happy with my order.

·
Registered
85 Posts
kiwi,

My dad would often make a deal with the dealership to purchase his accessories (at a later date) at a discount, bargaining at the close of his purchase for the bike. I saw this work for him twice already. One dealer let him have whatever accessories he wanted for 10% above his cost after he bought the bike, which was a gold wing. Of course he has used that dealer for many purchases other than motorcycles (Polaris 4x4, Honda 4 wheelers, lawn equipment, etc.)

wish you the best on your purchase,
RDE09
Hmmm..thanks for the pic you included. I have a yellow/black jack and matching helmet just sitting my my closet not being used....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
244 Posts
NonNinja,
That wouldn't happen to be one of those HJC black and yellow helmets you have in the closet? I have one I have had since my first ninja 250 (2006). Attached is a pic of it sitting on my 06 ninja.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts