Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 2 weeks ago I put down $1600 Cash on the Order of a New Non ABS Metallic Spark Black Ninja 400. I was told that they are in Los Angeles Calf. In a Warehouse and around Jan 10-15. I was told that they would ship these soon. So the wait is on. But with the weather as cold as it is. I can wait 2 more weeks or so to receive mine for sure. I did sell, my like new 2013 Ninja 300 and got a good price for it. I did get about $3500 out of it which is pretty good for a 2013 with 11,000 trouble free miles. But really, REALLY, looking forward to the New 400. Then will have to wait on all of the Aftermarket parts to come out... Anyway, getting real anxious to get my New Bike upgrade and will be posting my pics here ASAP. Ready to ride in the Rockies in Colorado and making some memories too.. Will keep you guys updated!:smile_big:

·
Registered
152 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I put down $1600 Cash on the Order of a New Non ABS Metallic Spark Black Ninja 400. I was told that they are in Los Angeles Calf. In a Warehouse and around Jan 10-15. I was told that they would ship these soon. So the wait is on. But with the weather as cold as it is. I can wait 2 more weeks or so to receive mine for sure. I did sell, my like new 2013 Ninja 300 and got a good price for it. I did get about $3500 out of it which is pretty good for a 2013 with 11,000 trouble free miles. But really, REALLY, looking forward to the New 400. Then will have to wait on all of the Aftermarket parts to come out... Anyway, getting real anxious to get my New Bike upgrade and will be posting my pics here ASAP. Ready to ride in the Rockies in Colorado and making some memories too.. Will keep you guys updated!:smile_big:
Same! 5 degrees in Oklahoma sucks!! I was told mine was coming from a warehouse in Dallas. Guess the race is on to see who gets the 400 in Tulsa first! :grin:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Good to hear your time frame guys. My dealer said we generally get our bikes here in NZ three weeks after they hit the States. So I've prob still got 4-5 weeks to wait and it's high summer and I don't have a road bike... aaaarrrggghh !!!!
:smile_big:

·
Registered
124 Posts
The wait is going to be the hard part of getting a new bike, even if it's too cold to ride you can always admire it in your garage. :D
More time to do better preparation before taking it out on the road. Most people I know that buy new bikes have a hard time not riding it before getting the bike detailed and coated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The dealer asked for US$ 156.60 deposit, and I doubled it. I'm not in a rush to get the bike, since my coach will not begin his classes till end of this month.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thailand Pricing in USD

The dealer asked for US$ 156.60 deposit, and I doubled it. I'm not in a rush to get the bike, since my coach will not begin his classes till end of this month.
Wheelinthai, just curious what is the pricing for the ninja 400 in Thailand in US$ ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I heard that some people in thailand prefer bigger bikes like the CB500 to this new Ninja 400 which makes you wonder how well these will sell especially when they can already get the Ninja 300 for cheaper (also used) and get more bang for their buck that way.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Wheelinthai, just curious what is the pricing for the ninja 400 in Thailand in US$ ?
Using the google exchange rate calculator 205,000 Thai Baht (KRT SE price) = $6,400 USD which does sound expensive compared to what you guys are paying locally.
But... if I do a calculation into New Zealand dollars it works out at $8,300 NZD which is $200 less than the $8500 list price here. Hope I didn't cut your lunch here WheelinThai!

I heard that some people in thailand prefer bigger bikes like the CB500 to this new Ninja 400 which makes you wonder how well these will sell especially when they can already get the Ninja 300 for cheaper (also used) and get more bang for their buck that way.
I dont live there admittedly but have been there three times on holiday and from what I've seen small cc bikes and scooter/ stepthrus are the norm in Thailand, not big bikes. Same as in most S.E. Asian countries. Correct me if I'm wrong Wheelinthai but I would have thought the Ninja 400 to be viewed as a big expensive bike in Thailand and a bit of a status symbol?

with a 8k price tag or 8.5k for the special edition im thinking this bike will be a big seller in NZ for learner bikes.
Yes, great to see they have finally announced the pricing! I'm stoked to be only having to pay 8K plus on roads. I really didn't think they would keep it down to the old Ninja 300 price here. Are you tempted??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, great to see they have finally announced the pricing! I'm stoked to be only having to pay 8K plus on roads. I really didn't think they would keep it down to the old Ninja 300 price here. Are you tempted??
I have the cash for one right now without selling my 300 but im not 100% on it.
I wanna wait a bit and see some actual reviews. For now the 300 is fine. Heck it just had its 8k service today.
Everything looking good at least. Only thing they mentioned was tyres will need to go in 2-3ks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the cash for one right now without selling my 300 but im not 100% on it.
I wanna wait a bit and see some actual reviews. For now the 300 is fine. Heck it just had its 8k service today.
Everything looking good at least. Only thing they mentioned was tyres will need to go in 2-3ks.
Hayderade, Sounds like a nice bike, tell us your experiences on the ninja 300 and you could always post a pic of it in your garage (nudge). That is probably a wise move to wait and get some feedback before the jump. I haven't heard any negative feedback yet though.
I came so close to buying a 300 in November last year. A female rider had one she had let the battery fail and was asking $2,000. I sat on my good intentions too long and missed it.
I am really looking forward to the 400 with it's improvements (Led lighting,41mm front forks, few more ponies, and lighter weight) :smile:

Ride safe,
Rde09

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hayderade, Sounds like a nice bike, tell us your experiences on the ninja 300 and you could always post a pic of it in your garage (nudge). That is probably a wise move to wait and get some feedback before the jump. I haven't heard any negative feedback yet though.
I came so close to buying a 300 in November last year. A female rider had one she had let the battery fail and was asking $2,000. I sat on my good intentions too long and missed it.
I am really looking forward to the 400 with it's improvements (Led lighting,41mm front forks, few more ponies, and lighter weight) :smile:

Ride safe,
Rde09
Possibly a misunderstanding by my lack of detail. I have CBR300R currently.
I moved to this forum from the CBR300 forum similar to Kiwi. Im looking to buy one.
Will do a test ride at the local Kawasaki dealer once they get them in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In Thailand, the Ninja 400 would be the best buy for its class right now. Even my riding coach put down the deposit for one, after test riding it. Have you seen clip of him test riding it? Both CB and CBR 500 will have a very stiff competition from Ninja 400. They are much heavier, and if you fiddle with the ECU to free the speed limit, you void the factory warantee. Actually I much prefer a track test review than figures for top speed anf 1/4 mile elapsed time. You get to know how the bike handles, braking and real world acceleration.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm sorry to say that I've not yet taken delivery of my Ninja 400 KRT edition. The demand for this and its red brother has been phenomenal. So the sales manager of this particular distributor has negotiated with his boss to give special discount to my group's bulk purcahse for the plain jane black, and blue models. Additionally, we would receive registration fee waived, and one year first class insurance. The discount is US$ 318.10. With faster delivery, how can I say no? So plain blue Ninja 400 it will be. Right now my group has four intended buyers, and need only one more buyer to meet the minimum order to qualify for this deal.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I'm sorry to say that I've not yet taken delivery of my Ninja 400 KRT edition. The demand for this and its red brother has been phenomenal. So the sales manager of this particular distributor has negotiated with his boss to give special discount to my group's bulk purcahse for the plain jane black, and blue models. Additionally, we would receive registration fee waived, and one year first class insurance. The discount is US$ 318.10. With faster delivery, how can I say no? So plain blue Ninja 400 it will be. Right now my group has four intended buyers, and need only one more buyer to meet the minimum order to qualify for this deal.
I like the blue! Did you get your five?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same! 5 degrees in Oklahoma sucks!! I was told mine was coming from a warehouse in Dallas. Guess the race is on to see who gets the 400 in Tulsa first! 😁

1 - 18 of 18 Posts