Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Great video, thanks for posting. This place is only 130 miles from my house, I think i might get addicted!
It's a pretty awesome track. Just kind of in the middle of nowhere. Nothing out there, so bring EVERYTHING with you lol It's one of those places where it'd be nice to have an RV. But the track is nice. Raced there once in 2016 with MRA.

Registered
I've never tracked a bike but would love to do that one. Awesome ride @Ryder#66, attempted pass at 8:40 8:30 had me holding my breath tho.
Bike was pulling good did you flash it for the altitude?

Registered
I've never tracked a bike but would love to do that one. Awesome ride @Ryder#66, attempted pass at 8:40 8:30 had me holding my breath tho.
Yeah that was a classic case of the Ductai rider not knowing that Ryder was on the outside of him but got spooked by the other rider cutting up the inside of him and ran wide.

Super Moderator
It's a pretty awesome track. Just kind of in the middle of nowhere. Nothing out there, so bring EVERYTHING with you lol It's one of those places where it'd be nice to have an RV. But the track is nice. Raced there once in 2016 with MRA.
There are a few more open lap days remaining. It is supposed to snow here on Sunday..I鈥檓 hoping I鈥檓 not too late!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Jackpine, No, have not gotten a flash yet. Just whack the throttle wide open most of the time. 8:30 was exciting. I was laughing in my helmet.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that was a classic case of the Ductai rider not knowing that Ryder was on the outside of him but got spooked by the other rider cutting up the inside of him and ran wide.
That was totally my fault. He had been running out wide there in previous laps. Maybe not quite that wide, but still, I should have had some patience and got by him in a subsequent turn. To his credit, he held it together and seemed unfazed.

Registered
That was totally my fault. He had been running out wide there in previous laps. Maybe not quite that wide, but still, I should have had some patience and got by him in a subsequent turn. To his credit, he held it together and seemed unfazed.
Nothing there was your fault. The lack of skill of that guy especially in that turn was cringe-worthy! Crawling through that turn, barely leaning the bike, and still barely made the turn. Halfway into the turn you can see him turning his head and looking towards the curbing instead of continuing to look through the turn. Definitely a very novice rider. But those gold Marchesini wheels sure looked nice!

Registered
Nothing there was your fault. The lack of skill of that guy especially in that turn was cringe-worthy! Crawling through that turn, barely leaning the bike, and still barely made the turn. Halfway into the turn you can see him turning his head and looking towards the curbing instead of continuing to look through the turn. Definitely a very novice rider. But those gold Marchesini wheels sure looked nice!
Haha, yeah it did seem like a waste of a fast bike lol. I guess there's a fine line between letting everyone have fun at their own pace and 'style' and having mobile hazards circulating out there.

I got caught out earlier in the year by being a bit impatient when I was riding in the Have-a-go class on the Ninja. I tried to go on the out side of a guy as he was braking into the corner slowly. My plan was to out-brake him and beat him into the corner so I could get some clear track in front of me. Unfortunately he decided to set himself up right out wide for the corner which was exactly where I was trying to come past him! I had to abandon my plan and get off on the grass before he took me out. Then I hit the gravel trap but luckily managed to keep it upright. The guy was a bit concerned afterwards that he had done something wrong but I assured him it was all my doing! :giggle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts