Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the racing discussions takes me back to the 70's when I first began. Then it was a Triumph TR6r 650 Tiger, A Daytona 500 and a 250 Tiger Cub and the Corn Cob TT. Local farmers would leave large swathes when taking corn and we would race through them blind in flat track fashion. What rides those were. We were full of the moment. Later in the 80's it was GSXR 750's and chassis twisting, bone breaking, high side flying action. What a learning curve that was. Then on to 900RR"s in the 90's and the dawn of big bore maniac infused racing. We all had big plans for top finishes. Some made it others, like me, qualified as racers and were happy with that mark. Riding is in the blood and I'm grateful to still being able to through a leg over even as time exerts it's will. Reading about track exploits still gets me up and I applaud all those who take those Sunday sessions for all their worth. Peace

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's stories like these that makes me slightly lean towards adventure bikes, just the sheer shenanigans you can have off road like through that corn field. Thanks for sharing with us!
Once you go two wheels, it's hard to go back.

·
Registered
244 Posts
For those who are not familiar with the bikes fizzel is mentioning (the corn cob tt may not be an excellent representation) I am posting some pics of some triumphs he mentioned:

Fizzel, when I was 9 yrs old, my dad bought a BSA lightning 650. I used to ride on the back through the canyons of Southern, CA.

Loved the sound of that British twin !

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
For those who are not familiar with the bikes fizzel is mentioning (the corn cob tt may not be an excellent representation) I am posting some pics of some triumphs he mentioned:

Fizzel, when I was 9 yrs old, my dad bought a BSA lightning 650. I used to ride on the back through the canyons of Southern, CA.

Loved the sound of that British twin !

Well it's a small world. My Dad took me for a ride on the back of his friend's BSA 650 when I was five. From very hazy memories my Mother was not impressed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts