Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably only be of use to South Island members but will give all NZ members an idea of what to expect cost wise for a LAMS restriction removal via ECU re-flash and dyno tune.

Brendan Price at Dynoworx in Ashburton has quoted me the following figures:

Approximate cost for the on bike loom and BIN file for your bike will be $240.00 NZ and labour to fit the loom and tune will be about $550.00.

So your looking at around $800NZD to get the job done.
This compares to around $700.00 for a power commander and then around $450.00 to fit and tune. (His prices)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the update. It's good to know an estimate of costs, I'm guessing that just a LAMS restriction removal could be done for less and then a dyno tune performed later on?

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the update. It's good to know an estimate of costs, I'm guessing that just a LAMS restriction removal could be done for less and then a dyno tune performed later on?
I would expect both need to be done in conjunction to be most cost effective . I have had friends send their motorcycle ECU's to Australia to get them reflashed without any dyno tuning and they have had mixed results. Not an ideal way of doing it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the info Kiwirider. It seems a lot of magazines. etc, are recommending reflashing the standard ecu on modern motorbikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts