Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't found a thread discussing this but it's a concern I have.
NY I believe recently implemented a law that require inspection to fail if exhaust made noise louder than a certain level.

For those living in NY, have you failed an inspection because you had an after market exhaust on?
I have Leo Vince without db killer right now.
If I add db killer, would that pass the inspection or do I need to swap in the OEM exhaust again?

Thanks.

· Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,256 Posts
I measured the db on the Leo Vince LV10 without the db killer and it measured 84db @ 5,000 rpm from 1.5' @ 45 degrees from the exhaust end.

This info may not help but gives you an idea of what to expect. Good luck. 👍

· Premium Member
25 Posts
Haven't found a thread discussing this but it's a concern I have.
NY I believe recently implemented a law that require inspection to fail if exhaust made noise louder than a certain level.

For those living in NY, have you failed an inspection because you had an after market exhaust on?
I have Leo Vince without db killer right now.
If I add db killer, would that pass the inspection or do I need to swap in the OEM exhaust again?

Thanks.
Yes this has happened to me in upstate N.Y. I have a Delkavec slip on ,with no baffle. My guy is old school .if he can run a stick in the pipe no inspection! Yes ,what was said above put the stocker back on for inspections or put the baffle back in .

· Premium Member
25 Posts
Yes this has happened to me in upstate N.Y. I have a Delkavec slip on ,with no baffle. My guy is old school .if he can run a stick in the pipe no inspection! Yes ,what was said above put the stocker back on for inspections or put the baffle back in .
The Government Heat is on the shops !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts