Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Holy ****, I bought mine for 4700 euros with only 6000 km on it. How come they're so expensive in Israel?
100% Vehicle tax and some profit for the local dealer. That's what happens when you invest most of your efforts for just existing. Sigh....If any of you guys can hook me up with a visa please let me know. 馃槖

Registered
I wanted the 2020 in Blizard Pearl, which was very limited run and difficult to find. My wife got one for $5114.42 and out the door was $6,804.13.
$150 doc fee, $546 taxes, $165 state licensing fee and the rest was shipping from NJ to WA.

In reality, we paid the dealer $150 extra to locate and process a sale from NJ to WA, which I'm fine with.

Registered
Preface: I鈥檓 a complete noob but...
If buying a bike is anything like buying a car then you definitely don鈥檛 want a new one. I鈥檝e been told this is true for bikes too. But I see all these used 2018+ ninja 400鈥檚 for sale going for $4,300-$5,000 all the time. I think to myself, 鈥淲ell, I might has well a get a brand new one just the way I want it and just pay the few hundred dollars more鈥.
Any input guys? Should I just get a new one and can I expect to sell it with a few thousand miles next year for around 4.5k like I鈥檝e been seeing?
Retail is approx 5400....BUT......thats not the actual cost. Once you add in financing, extended warranty (you want this imo), bike setup fee, plates, and whatever else, its gonna be about 7200. So yes used is great. The best part of these bikes is most are low mileage. Many people buy to learn on then move to something with ore power. That being said, I had a 250 and moved to the 400. It does 130 mph. Thats as fast as I need to go.

Registered
A lot of these fees are bogus I thought. I just bought a car and they had just a few fees and I made sure they all made sense. I鈥檓 not paying a set-up fee lol. I鈥檓 assuming scummy dealers do this though.
EVERY dealer does this that Ive ever seen. The bike is not fully assembled when they get it. Anything more than 2-300 bucks is a scam though.

Registered
:cool: I never pay any set up fee, Never get the bulls#$# extended warranty ,My bike was a new 20 Ninja 400 non abs in krt trim, bike had a rebate of $500.00, I paid cash after making a deal on the tall seat to be thrown in, I always get oil filters and shirts, I did this deal at the end of May, only extra fee was $150.00 doc fee and tax, I test drove both the Z and the Ninja but there was no rebates on the Z so I made a deal on the Ninja, I also have gotten other deals from this dealer before and that helps I think, but I always get three quotes on anything I buy, (y)

Registered
If buying a bike is anything like buying a car then you definitely don鈥檛 want a new one. I鈥檝e been told this is true for bikes too. But I see all these used 2018+ ninja 400鈥檚 for sale going for $4,300-$5,000 all the time. I think to myself, 鈥淲ell, I might has well a get a brand new one just the way I want it and just pay the few hundred dollars more鈥.
Any input guys? Should I just get a new one and can I expect to sell it with a few thousand miles next year for around 4.5k like I鈥檝e been seeing?
Buy new and get full coverage insurance. This way you know the true condition of the bike. If you wreck it, hey, that's what insurance is for after all.

Registered
I was surprised by the Taxes or whatever at the tag office when I went to get my tag. Back in the day it was minimal but I think they changed something in GA so they get more money. I could not believe how much more in 2018 it was compared to 1988.

Registered
Doesn't GA. link the value of your ride to the cost of your tag? They used to back when Neanderthals roamed free. Oh wait!!, they still do, just go by a different name.
馃悏

Registered
Doesn't GA. link the value of your ride to the cost of your tag? They used to back when Neanderthals roamed free. Oh wait!!, they still do, just go by a different name.
馃悏
No, you're right. Lots of US in the south still answer to and frequently act like Neanderthals.
:censored:

Registered
Buy new and get full coverage insurance. This way you know the true condition of the bike. If you wreck it, hey, that's what insurance is for after all.
I've purchased two used bikes in my lifetime and I doubt that I will gain, purely because I have no idea how it was treated. The first used bike I got was my first ever motorcycle and it was great. 1985 Suzuki GS550 was fun to ride, looked great but didn't fare well when I re-ended a car about 6-months into the relationship.
The other was a 1994 GSXR750 with about 7k mileage. It ran well and was really quick. After putting about 1500 miles on it myself, the rings on both interior cylinders went bad, rod bearing seized and piston rod broke. This seemed to me like a pretty catastrophic failure for a bike with less than 10k miles on it.

Even with dealer services records, you don't know how the rider treated the bike on the road. Unless I decide to rebuild a classic (always wanted a vintage BMW R), I will buy my bikes new.

Registered
馃悏
Yeah I think in 2013 they started that. TAVT is a one-time tax that is paid at the time the vehicle is titled. It replaced sales tax and annual ad valorem tax (annual motor vehicle tax) and is paid every time vehicle ownership is transferred or a new resident registers the vehicle in Georgia for the first time.
One time but someone pays every time the buy the bike or car?

Registered
I hear the out growing a bike is tree, and the 400 is a beginner bike. So if this is true I鈥檒l be keeping the bike until it craps out most likely. But if I find myself wanting more power then who knows?
Beginner? Nah... entry level...sure. Motorcycles are fun try to keep it that way. The simpler the better. Instead of trying to add power to a bike... just go the next or 2 sizes up. Also removing weight helps alot. Nobody builds a motor better than the factory for longevity though.
You have to ask yourself what do you want more power for? To drone on the highway? To hit the limiter in 6th gear? Eclipse 200mph? L

Registered
A lot of these fees are bogus I thought. I just bought a car and they had just a few fees and I made sure they all made sense. I鈥檓 not paying a set-up fee lol. I鈥檓 assuming scummy dealers do this though.
A dealer is entitled to make a profit on the sale...no? Ask them to sell you one in the crate... see what happens.
I was looking at the MSRPs on teh 10RR and the H2R... combined cost more than my first house by about 25%!!

Registered
you add around 1200 $ to the bike price for the shipping/setup/taxes/title/plates

also with used you have no idea how the did the BREAK IN PROCESS - MAIN thing is to HEAT CYCLE and NOT OVER REV

Registered
also with used you have no idea how the did the BREAK IN PROCESS - MAIN thing is to HEAT CYCLE and NOT OVER REV
um what? All modern bikes come with a rev limiter.
The only thing breaking in is the rings which must be properly loaded... not gingerly applying the throttle because youre scared of rpms and the Warranty Cancel Culture. Heat cycling?? Are you talking about riding bikes in the summer? hahaha
How does one heat cycle a liquid cooled engine? Ill take my answer off the air.

Registered
um what? All modern bikes come with a rev limiter.
The only thing breaking in is the rings which must be properly loaded... not gingerly applying the throttle because youre scared of rpms and the Warranty Cancel Culture. Heat cycling?? Are you talking about riding bikes in the summer? hahaha
How does one heat cycle a liquid cooled engine? Ill take my answer off the air.
apparently you never read the BRAKE IN PROCEDURE on ENGINE RPM - THESE ENGINES have PLATED CYLINDERS / NO LINERS - VALVE SPRINGS need to be HEAT CYCLED ( no high rpm ) if NOT it will SHORTEN the LIFE of the SPRING

Registered
I bet youre incorrect but f
apparently you never read the BRAKE IN PROCEDURE on ENGINE RPM - THESE ENGINES have PLATED CYLINDERS / NO LINERS - VALVE SPRINGS need to be HEAT CYCLED ( no high rpm ) if NOT it will SHORTEN the LIFE of the SPRING
My friend... please use actual facts to support your opinion not some "read the owners manual" silliness. How many engines have you built? How many new bikes have you purchased? I will take my answer off the air.
Whats amusing is your misunderstanding of nikasil.
Is heat cycling something they do in the Tour De France?

Registered
I bet youre incorrect but f

My friend... please use actual facts to support your opinion not some "read the owners manual" silliness. How many engines have you built? How many new bikes have you purchased? I will take my answer off the air.
Whats amusing is your misunderstanding of nikasil.
Is heat cycling something they do in the Tour De France?
CALL PAC VALVE SPRINGS about HEAT CYCLING there VALVE SPRINGS - BUILT 6 RACE CAR MOTORS

21 - 40 of 50 Posts