Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I've been trying for a few days to purchase a few items from your website, but haven't been able to do so. Once I've added my postal details (Australia) it says no shipping options available, and that's where the excitement of buying awesome stuff comes to a screeching halt...help and take my money!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Use Shipito, pay for a monthly sub and you can ship via a Warehouse with no taxes. You can also email them and they will give you postage quotes, but in my experience they are much more than Shipito ends up charging you (as they have multiple carriers to compare).

Be careful of import duty. Purchases over $1000 from memory are often flagged and you get a hefty charge, $230 on top of a $1100 purchase last time I messed up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've used a third party shipping agent in this scenario to NZ as well.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a Shipito marketing agent, any provider will do. I've just personally used Shipito and it worked well. I've also used Shopmate which was "ok" but expensive and didn't give you anywhere near as many options as Shipito.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a Shipito marketing agent, any provider will do. I've just personally used Shipito and it worked well. I've also used Shopmate which was "ok" but expensive and didn't give you anywhere near as many options as Shipito.
All good mate, wasn't one I've heard of so keen to look into it. As you know often postage from North America to Australasia through the sellers site is crazy money. I've been using Youshop for a few years now which is a division of NZ Post. Being a Government owned business they naturally collect the GST bugger it all.
I did have a win last year though when I managed to sneak a full exhaust system worth well over a grand through customs duty free. Yes!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah for some obscure reason, postage from the USA is utterly insane...easily double the price of that from Europe. On the odd occasion there are companies who do offer reasonable postage straight off the bat (procycle.us for example waaaay back in the day when I had a KLR). Even 10yrs ago I got lucky when I had a full Yoshi system for an SV650S posted in 5 days for $65AUD. 95% of the time these days, if it's in the USA I simply don't bother and try elsewhere simply because the shipping rates are way off the norm for typical international rates. I'd REALLY have to want it to pull the trigger...it's a genuine shame and has forced me to not make purchases countless times.

I've heard about these false address shipping companies, but never really looked into it properly, as I've always been sceptical tbh. Enlighten me with genuine experiences and the whole process, not just me reading the promotional fluff. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
You kind of need to batch up orders. It's often something dumb like 1 spring, postage $70 USD. 1 spring and a bunch of other items, also $70 USD. Easier to justify the postage cost if you do it in one batch, keeping in mind if you go too nuts price wise customs might get you. Over $1000 AUD (inc postage) is almost guaranteed. Shipito is decent here as you can combine packages for postage, and they will store packages for you for free for a bit.

Shipito works well:
  • Get the item delivered to them (warehouse options for premium, CA charges tax)
  • Tell them a package is coming and tracking no (optional iirc) and can pre fill customs forms
  • Item arrives, they take picture of box and weight/dimensions
  • You select postage options, they will do things like repack it for you into smaller boxes, consolidate multiple packages if you have multiple, give you insurance options, images of items themselves... Lots of options and they are all fairly cheap (under 5 USD)
  • They list the available providers for postage and costs so you can pick, they have some kind of deal with postage companies I think because it's always been cheaper than quotes from sites directly for me (YMMV)
  • Pay in whatever currency you like for postage costs (avoids fees)
  • Wait and enjoy item
Generally I might pay for a months premium if I'm getting something big and tax to CA is more than premium cost. Slows postage down a little as it goes to a warehouse in the wilderness, but better than paying more.

Never had issues with Shipito.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
  • You select postage options, they will do things like repack it for you into smaller boxes, consolidate multiple packages if you have multiple, give you insurance options, images of items themselves... Lots of options and they are all fairly cheap (under 5 USD)
  • They list the available providers for postage and costs so you can pick, they have some kind of deal with postage companies I think because it's always been cheaper than quotes from sites directly for me (YMMV)
  • Pay in whatever currency you like for postage costs (avoids fees)
  • Wait and enjoy item
That's great they will repack for you, Youshop wont do that generally unless you really hassle them and even then they wont make the box as small as possible as its not in their interest.
Example: I had a blow out last year with my SV build. I wanted a fiberglass race tail section from hot bodies as it was specific to my model (easy bolt on), something not available in Australasia. Unfortunately HB packed it in a HUGE box of combined dimensions 3010mm. Youshop have a max combined dimension of 3000mm. Typical! After a few emails and some begging and groveling I got them to alter the box, but I think they cut it down to like 2990mm lol.
Long story short, the item cost me $350NZD and the freight cost me $380. I was caught between a rock and a hard place as they wanted $190 (50%) to return the item to HB in CA. However $380 was still cheaper than what HB wanted for shipping direct through their site. It truly sucks living at the bottom of the globe some times 😄

·
Registered
Ninja 400 2018
131 Posts
I know how it feels, can i use that site to ship stuff from norton-motorsports to Portugal?

·
Vendor
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
16 Posts
Hi there! I've been trying for a few days to purchase a few items from your website, but haven't been able to do so. Once I've added my postal details (Australia) it says no shipping options available, and that's where the excitement of buying awesome stuff comes to a screeching halt...help and take my money!
Hey there!

We've been implementing new tools and trying to add international shipping to the website for a while now. It's still a work in progress, but if you email us at [email protected] directly with your address and phone number (required for international shipping), we can manually put together an estimate and create an order for you. Right now, we only accept PayPal as well as an added note for international orders, which is different from being able to accept credit card on US orders.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z400
34 Posts
I can confirm the above. I ordered a whole clutch upgrade kit and an OEM riser adapter and got it shipped directly to my address using fedex international. All organised by norton.

The only advice i can give is ask about avaliabilty of parts first! The website will let you buy things even if they are not in stock. I paid upfront but had to wait 4 weeks or so for a few parts i needed to become avaliable before my order could get shipped. :( Not a big deal. Just something to be aware of incase you are like me and assume the website would let you know of out of stock parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts