Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wouldn't say you're a late owner. There are only a handful of people on here who've gotten their hands on a 400 already. Does seem to be an excellent bike for the money, looks great and congrats!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Agree that you're not a late owner. I'm still awaiting my, I mean my wifes KRT. The dealer said it would be in my hands this week, but the transport company says they will deliver early or mid next week.

Your blue version looks awesome , sadly we only get the black or krt version in New Zealand. Your photo is also a great picture of you looking where you want to go, not where you are. Great shot to show beginners like my wife.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree that you're not a late owner. I'm still awaiting my, I mean my wifes KRT. The dealer said it would be in my hands this week, but the transport company says they will deliver early or mid next week.

Your blue version looks awesome , sadly we only get the black or krt version in New Zealand. Your photo is also a great picture of you looking where you want to go, not where you are. Great shot to show beginners like my wife.
Your wife will definitely appreciate the KRT. The Ninja 400 is light, and throttle is very progressive and easy to control. The handling will bring smile to her face. I thought that I would not buy another Japanese motorcycle, but this Ninja 400 changed my mind. BTW the KRT comes with a crash bar, a single cover for the rear seat, and a USB outlet. May be some thing more. I consider this a good value. I only went with the blue because I needed the bike urgently for my first session at a 2.5 km. track day. There was also an exclusive proimotion with free registrtion fee, 1st class insurance, and US$ 317.70 discount.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

Another Kiwi in waiting! :grin:
I'm not ringing my dealer now, it got a bit much for me. I was so bummed that my dealer missed the first shipment and they wouldn't shuffle bikes around between dealers.
I know that one day this month he will ring me with the good news.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not ringing my dealer now, it got a bit much for me. I was so bummed that my dealer missed the first shipment and they wouldn't shuffle bikes around between dealers.
Looking forward to hearing your first impression once taking delivery, hopefully they call you in for the unboxing if it comes like that. I know some higher end bikes come in crates...not to say i come from that world (i wish) :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your first impression once taking delivery, hopefully they call you in for the unboxing if it comes like that. I know some higher end bikes come in crates...not to say i come from that world (i wish) :)
The dealer has done the checks, and I received the registration paper from our NZ transport authority last week -so I know the plate No!, just don't have the bike yet. :surprise:
In the weekend I cleaned out the garage some more so there's space for it next to my DRZ250. The bike moving company said they'd ring the day before delivery, and again when they're in my town so I'll be there for it's arrival :grin:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I really feel for ya buddy, I think you even knew the dealer personally??
I don't know how you are coping -as of course you are more than keen, and then have to read all these new owner comments!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I really feel for ya buddy, I think you even knew the dealer personally??
I don't know how you are coping -as of course you are more than keen, and then have to read all these new owner comments!
Sounds like that bike is getting closer to you all the time! Not long now.

Yeah I know my dealer. I went past him though and emailed the dude at Kawasaki NZ but I got a pretty blunt matter of fact response saying that my dealer was on second shipment full stop. There doesn't seem to be any provision to shuffle bikes between dealers to fulfill customer orders.
The racing season kicked off again this weekend so I have been busy with that and working on that bike instead.
Like yourself I've moved the XR250 sideways a bit in anticipation of the Ninjas arrival :grin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I feel for all you guys who are still waiting for you Ninja. I'm certain that when you finally get yours, the bike will live up to your expectaion. The more I ride mine, the more I'm immensely impressed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts