Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK manufacturer Nitron have three aftermarket rear shocks available for the N400 ranging from the NTR-R1 at 438 GBP through to the NTR-R3 at 816 GBP.

Note the NTR-R1 only has one single adjuster that does both compression and rebound damping duties.

Nitron Racing Shocks,Store,250/400 (1:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Note the NTR-R1 only has one single adjuster that does both compression and rebound damping duties.
Yes and no. The needle is heavily biased toward rebound duty. There is some effect on compression but it's not that significant. If you want, I'll go dig up the dyno results that I did across Ohlins/Nitron/K-Tech and show how much authority the respective needles have on comp.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes and no. The needle is heavily biased toward rebound duty. There is some effect on compression but it's not that significant. If you want, I'll go dig up the dyno results that I did across Ohlins/Nitron/K-Tech and show how much authority the respective needles have on comp.
That's fine, I'm erring towards the K-tech anyways as I can get K-tech products at discount and the Razor-R seems quite good bang for your buck.
You seem to have a good knowledge of suspension workings. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm erring towards the K-tech anyways as I can get K-tech products at discount and the Razor-R seems quite good bang for your buck.
I think the Nitron's damping performance is better than the K-Tech's and the extra oil volume is useful. But nobody can touch K-Tech's pricing - bang for buck the KT is clearly ahead.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think the Nitron's damping performance is better than the K-Tech's and the extra oil volume is useful. But nobody can touch K-Tech's pricing - bang for buck the KT is clearly ahead.
Question then, what's your favorite out of the three? Ohlins STX, Nitron N1/N2 or K-Tech's Razor R's? I know K-Tech gives you double adjustment of the bat, and you can get the N2 for a lot more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what's your favorite out of the three? Ohlins STX, Nitron N1/N2 or K-Tech's Razor R's?
All of them have the same feature set:
* length
* comp
* reb

I like Nitron the best. The prices are close when discussing the fully-adjustable segment so the next consideration needs to be service/support availability. Ohlins are everywhere which can be important.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nitron now has carts for the N400. I just ordered a set from Spears, along with an NTR-R2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nitron now has carts for the N400. I just ordered a set from Spears, along with an NTR-R2.
That'll be worth 1.5 seconds a lap. :smile_big:
It's good to see Nitron going after Andreani and Ohlins et. al. with a comparable price point. If the compression damping is a bit much, run a [email protected] oil in that leg. I had a TVT25 all apart on my bench for a FJ09 in street duty, so changed a few shims.

·
Registered
156 Posts
All of them have the same feature set:
* length
* comp
* reb

I like Nitron the best. The prices are close when discussing the fully-adjustable segment so the next consideration needs to be service/support availability. Ohlins are everywhere which can be important.
Another item is local support for bike setup, not only parts/service. Some shops favor a brand because they are dealers for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts