Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the difference between the ninja 400 abs and the krt model? If anyone can post a picture of the krt that would be great. I have read several people mention it and I understand it cost more but would like to know other then color what makes it cost more and is it worth the extra money? Is it just looks or better suspension and better quality brakes, I know my dealer quoted me almost a thousand dollars more because he stated more preparation but he was not sure what it consisted of. I do not know enough about sport bikes to tell just it was green instead of the yellow/gold color one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Basically (at least in the US) it works out this way.

Non ABS is 4,999
ABS is 5,299
ABS with decals (Either the grey/gold or the KRT) is 5,499

Color/Decals is the the only difference between the ABS and the ABS SE (grey/gold) or KRT.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can someone explain the difference between the ninja 400 abs and the krt model? If anyone can post a picture of the krt that would be great. I have read several people mention it and I understand it cost more but would like to know other then color what makes it cost more and is it worth the extra money? Is it just looks or better suspension and better quality brakes, I know my dealer quoted me almost a thousand dollars more because he stated more preparation but he was not sure what it consisted of. I do not know enough about sport bikes to tell just it was green instead of the yellow/gold color one.
I agree with the other people.....No difference besides the color. Also, there is no extra prep for the KRT edition. I'm not sure where your dealer got the extra prep from.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Difference between the ABS and the KRT is basically the green/black fairing color and also the seat has a different texture. I believe the black ABS also has that kind of waffle iron texture in the rider and passenger seat. I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your really into the looks of the bike, like I am, the krt or solar grey are really worth the extra 200 dollars. The detail in the graphics is very labor intensive and probably worth the extra cost. Unless your in the graphic business I doubt it could be duplicated for less. Besides that they probably add at least 5mph to your top speed!

·
Registered
764 Posts
krt looks crap, I would rather save myself the 200$ purchase a k & n fuel and air filter set a long with a few litres of oil and a fender eliminator and install all on the same day and have some fun with it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts