Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Flagging on normal days and sprints is sort of good. Fun to watch up close. Flagging Endurance races bored me to tears.

I’m filling the thermoses with hot coffee now to take. Honestly I wish they would cancel it. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
We are going to try some much softer suspension setting today. When the suspension fluid is this cold the bumps are terrible. Several times per lap I was getting kicked off the seat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It helped a bunch. Ended up backing off a bunch on comp and reb today and it was awesome. My son ended up with (I think) two seconds and a third place. I got a fifth and a second. I missed the last race and would have had a first instead of second except I crashed in the rain with half a lap to go. Grrrrrrrrrr!! 😊

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
It helped a bunch. Ended up backing off a bunch on comp and reb today and it was awesome. My son ended up with (I think) two seconds and a third place. I got a fifth and a second. I missed the last race and would have had a first instead of second except I crashed in the rain with half a lap to go. Grrrrrrrrrr!! 😊
Congrats to your son and yourself! How did you fair from the crash? Body OK? Which turn?

What classes are you racing? 500 super stock, 500 super bike, GP?

My wife and I were in houston getting some food. Coming home it started to rain pretty good. I was thinking how miserable it would of been to be riding or flagging today.

Are you guys going to NOLA?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Ouch! But, not so fast there on the hand modeling career... You may just have the perfect hand profile for one of those Pharmaceutical companies selling drugs for Rheumatoid Arthritis. So, hang in there and keep up that good attitude.. Sometimes you just gotta make chocolate pudding out of pooh. :oops:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ouch! But, not so fast there on the hand modeling career... You may just have the perfect hand profile for one of those Pharmaceutical companies selling drugs for Rheumatoid Arthritis. So, hang in there and keep up that good attitude.. Sometimes you just gotta make chocolate pudding out of pooh. :oops:
LOL! It’s hard to believe we raced yesterday. At least if it ever happens again. I got a good suspension setup for 35 degf and rain. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I only remember a few times in the last 40 years. Sometimes freezing rain but this is actually snow. The really big deal is the low temps in the teens!

·
Registered
363 Posts
-8 here in Ks today with a frozen water meter, I just didn't leave enough water flow running last night I guess. :(

·
Director of Moderation
1,994 Posts
Wow! I bet the whole city of Houston shut down for that! lol I've barely seen temps below 30 since I moved to VA, but this morning I was looking at the weather app and saw it was -20 in Hastings, NE where my parents live, and -35 with the wind chill! That's rough! lol

I'm so glad I didn't go to Roebling this weekend. Had a few friends that raced and they said it was miserable. Around 45-50 degrees all weekend with constant rain the entire weekend. Racing is supposed to be fun, and if I'm not chasing any championship points, there's no point in going only to be miserable all weekend and not have fun, while taking a big risk too.

·
Director of Moderation
1,994 Posts
Houston IS shut down. 😊

i went out and drained the water from the 400 because the garage is getting down close to freezing.
I've been keeping an eye out on that in my garage as well. So far the lowest I've seen the temp in the garage was around 36 roughly, but I see on the forecast we're supposed to have a couple of days this week where it will drop down to 27-28 outside. Garage should stay a bit warmer though so hopefully nothing will freeze.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Houston IS shut down. 😊

i went out and drained the water from the 400 because the garage is getting down close to freezing.
Hand looked painful. I broke my thumb on a motocross crash a few years back. My thumb has never been the same. Glad you are mostly OK.

I drained my 400 too just to be safe. Though I have some water bottles in the garage and none have frozen. Though better safe than sorry.

I am over in Sugar Land. It is pretty icy around my apartment complex. There is a big parking lot across the street. There were some trucks over there doing donuts in the snow/ice.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to NOLA. My wife and I are renting a camper trailer and going to palo duro canyon. So we won’t be back in time for NOLA but I will be racing at MSRH in April. So hopefully I see you guys at that race! I will come pit near y’all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
I got my transponder. Still waiting on some things before I finish safety wiring the bike.

@Duckman Can you post a picture of how you safety wired your front and rear axle nuts?

Here is a spreadsheet I made with all the parts and cost of the build. I could not attached an Excel spreadsheet, so I just copied and pasted it in. This does not include the cost of labor for the suspension installation, or the misc. tools I had to purchase throughout the build, or fluids. Nor does it include the cost for painting the fairings (which will run about $400-500).

Talk about an expensive hobby! If my wife sees this nice and neat spreadsheet she will go on a furniture shopping spree.... Ha.

PartCost
DBHolders V2 Fairing stay $ 149.95
Motion Pro coolant reservoir $ 18.39
ABS delete $ 224.10
Flashtune ECU bike side kit $ 342.00
Flash tune Quick shifter $ 216.00
Vortex Rearsets $ 320.50
K-tech 20IDS Fork Cartridge kit w/springs $ 895.00
K-tech 35DDS Lite rear shock $ 1,295.00
K-tech steering damper kit $ 390.00
Stompgrip $ 53.99
Hotbodies MGP levers $ 134.96
Woodcraft clip ons $ 187.14
Spiegler NON-ABS Stainless Steel brake lines $ 125.96
Driven Block off plate $ 25.91
Driven Captive wheel spaces $ 67.22
Driven Swingarm spools $ 29.15
Halo Keyless fuel cap $ 136.00
Driven D-Axis Grips $ 38.06
Bikemaster angled valve stems $ 14.96
Yoyodyne slipper clutch $ 849.00
Kickstand replacement bracket $ 38.00
Vortex 520 F5 Hardcoat aluminum rear sprocket $ 60.31
Vortex 520 Steel front sprocket $ 32.39
EK MXR3D 520 NON-O-RING chain $ 98.09
Norton Racing Race spec throttle $ 284.85
Voltage regulator relocation bracket $ 54.95
Norton racing Exhaust hanger bracket $ 69.95
Kickstand bypass plug $ 15.00
Heavy Duty Shift detent Spring $ 49.95
Magnetic Oil Drain Bolt $ 15.00
OEM 2020 Clutch pull rod and bearing $ 39.95
Vortex Brake lever guard $ 110.45
Titanium drilled brake caliper bolts front $ 25.00
Titanium drilled brake caliper bolts rear $ 40.00
Norton racing rear brake fluid reservoir delete $ 15.00
Number Plates $ 35.00
Lacomoto race bodywork $ 984.99
Pirelli SC1 slicks $ 400.00
Total $ 7,882.17

·
Director of Moderation
1,994 Posts
I got my transponder. Still waiting on some things before I finish safety wiring the bike.

@Duckman Can you post a picture of how you safety wired your front and rear axle nuts?

You don't. You use clips. And then you wire those to whatever you want...IF you want. I didn't use to wire them and then I lost a couple of them cuz I'd forget them on the ground when taking them off to change out tires lol So now I wired the clips that way they're always attached to the bike. Get a kit like this cuz it has a variety of sizes:

Kawasaki makes it nice because they already have the axles drilled and use castle nuts. So you don't have to do anything except put the clip through it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The wife definitely hasn’t laid eyes on my little spreadsheet. I actually quit updating it for my own sanity! Also, as far as she knows, an out of town race weekend is only “a couple hundred.” 😅🤣🤣

·
Registered
363 Posts
You don't. You use clips. And then you wire those to whatever you want...IF you want. I didn't use to wire them and then I lost a couple of them cuz I'd forget them on the ground when taking them off to change out tires lol So now I wired the clips that way they're always attached to the bike. Get a kit like this cuz it has a variety of sizes:

Kawasaki makes it nice because they already have the axles drilled and use castle nuts. So you don't have to do anything except put the clip through it.
Front axle.PNG
Rear axle.PNG

201 - 220 of 230 Posts