Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nice set up, however the issue I see is prolonged riding and ergonomics of your wrist. The angle of the bars seems to square our your hands caused a bend in your wrist. I had an ergonomics issue with the stock setup until I had Dave Moss set up the bars, brake/clutch lever angles. No I can comfortably commute without any pain to my arms, wrist or shoulders. You would be surprised how little adjustments can make a ride much more enjoyable.
Daily rider of 9 years over 8 bikes, spoken to Dave Moss multiple times, never had an issue of wrist ache on handlebars, that's including riding 1000km per week at a point for 4 months. I agree with you, little adjustments to make the bike match the rider is important.

Cheers mate.

· Registered
3 Posts
Z400 Top Triple Clamp Conversion Ninja 400 ‘22 OEM parts used: Z400 ‘22 top triple clamp Ninja 400 ‘22 clutch & throttle cables Aftermarket parts used: Zeta offset risers ProTaper Schoolboy High bars ProGrip road grips Re routed stock clutch & throttle cables, starter / kill switch cables. No binding lock to lock. NOTE:
  • Ninja 400 forks are taller than Z400, bar risers are required.
  • The ignition barrel is bolted to the TTC on the Ninja 400, at the factory the bolts are torqued and the heads break away - an (anti-theft design) so to speak. Therefore, you need to drill the bolts out and replace them (6x22mm is bolt size), I used 6x20mm without any issues. You DO NOT need to remove the fuel tank for enough electrical cable length on the ignition barrel to turn TTC upside-down to drill out the bolts.
View attachment 25665 View attachment 25669 View attachment 25668 View attachment 25667 View attachment 25666 Cheers.
Z400 Top Triple Clamp Conversion Ninja 400 ‘22 OEM parts used: Z400 ‘22 top triple clamp Ninja 400 ‘22 clutch & throttle cables Aftermarket parts used: Zeta offset risers ProTaper Schoolboy High bars ProGrip road grips Re routed stock clutch & throttle cables, starter / kill switch cables. No binding lock to lock. NOTE:
  • The ignition barrel is bolted to the TTC on the Ninja 400, at the factory the bolts are torqued and the heads break away - an (anti-theft design) so to speak. Therefore, you need to drill the bolts out and replace them (6x22mm is bolt size), I used 6x20mm without any issues. You DO NOT need to remove the fuel tank for enough electrical cable length on the ignition barrel to turn TTC upside-down to drill out the bolts.
View attachment 25665 View attachment 25669 View attachment 25668 View attachment 25667 View attachment 25666 Cheers.
I did this same modification, but with straight risers, the pro taper contour mini high bars, and a stock z400 top triple clamp. Only thing I noticed was I had to put a shim between the clamp and the ignition switch for the steering lock to align correctly.

· Registered
3 Posts
Z400 Top Triple Clamp Conversion
Ninja 400 ‘22
OEM parts used:
Z400 ‘22 top triple clamp
Ninja 400 ‘22 clutch & throttle cables
Aftermarket parts used:
Zeta offset risers
ProTaper Schoolboy High bars
ProGrip road grips

Re routed stock clutch & throttle cables, starter / kill switch cables. No binding lock to lock.

NOTE:
View attachment 25665
View attachment 25669
View attachment 25668
View attachment 25667
View attachment 25666
Cheers.
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

I did the same swap, but used straight risers, and put taper contour mini high bars with a stock z400 top triple clamp. Only thing I noticed was I had to shim the ignition switch to get the steering lock to align correctly. The fact that this swap works was the deciding factor in staying with the ninja 400. So much more comfortable, and a lot more stable in windy conditions!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts