Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
This just proves that it's not the bike, but the rider that matters and you wouldn't know it was a 400cc bike form just looking at the ad. Also captures riders perfectly, we ride to eat! Or at least I do.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The bike certainly doesn't look out of its element on the track at all. Fantastic ad showcasing the potential the 400 has. Really goes to show what a capable rider can achieve out of an average street bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This just proves that it's not the bike, but the rider that matters and you wouldn't know it was a 400cc bike form just looking at the ad. Also captures riders perfectly, we ride to eat! Or at least I do.
You can have your cake and eat it too. The Ninja 400 riding posture is Sport Touring, yet its turf is on paved track. I've never seen so many reviews of an entry class sport bike on tracks like the Ninja 400. This is normally reserved for RR SuperSports. I can assure that the Ninja 400 is equally at home on town streets.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting what he says about the brakes having squishy feel at the lever and fading under heavy use. Wonder if they just needed a good bleed?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You can have your cake and eat it too. The Ninja 400 riding posture is Sport Touring, yet its turf is on paved track. I've never seen so many reviews of an entry class sport bike on tracks like the Ninja 400. This is normally reserved for RR SuperSports. I can assure that the Ninja 400 is equally at home on town streets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqM1_p9Q6nM
Awesome video, I love it... I wish I could go do that, It looks like so much fun..!
I let my friend who wants to get a new 650 ride my 400 today, He loved it and now wants one..! Great bike for romping around town.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Interesting what he says about the brakes having squishy feel at the lever and fading under heavy use. Wonder if they just needed a good bleed?
What do you think the chances are Kawasaki left a bottle of break fluid open long enough to absorb moisture, spongy usually means compressible bubbles, I'm thinking maybe the lines on the 400 are sub-par and expand as they heat up.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you think the chances are Kawasaki left a bottle of break fluid open long enough to absorb moisture, spongy usually means compressible bubbles, I'm thinking maybe the lines on the 400 are sub-par and expand as they heat up.
Brake fade is more a symptom of the pads overheating and to be fair he was riding the bike hard in a track situation where sintered pads would be the better option.

Yeah the sponginess is probably more due to the cheap rubber OEM lines or air in the system as you suggest. I will probably put a braided line on the front when they come available locally and if I was tracking it I would definitely put sintered pads in there.
To get that sheer power though you need to upgrade your master cylinder as @SDM! has done.

·
Registered
550 Posts
And more track bikes..

·
Registered
550 Posts
Anybody speak Thai?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts