Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I'm a fairly new rider with a 2020 Ninja 400 ABS and wanted to ask a silly question. I opted in for the dealer service package that RideNow offers where they do maintenance for the first 3 years or whatever and I was hoping to find the service mileage timeframe/schedule. The dealership showed me a list of the different mileages at which I would bring the bike in for the service but I either didn't receive that list or misplaced it.. I sit at ~1300 miles now and I did take it in for the 600mile service but now I'm unsure when the next one is, or the ones after that. I figure I could just call the dealership and ask them but I wanted to try here first.

·
Registered
180 Posts
call the dealership and ask them to email you a copy of the service schedule you purchased and compare it with the service schedule in the manual.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey mate I just bought the new Ninja 400 and the dealer told me first break in service is at 1000km then every 6000 after that! Convert that to miles and it should be the same👍🏻🇦🇺

·
Registered
85 Posts
:cool: You should try to get the oil and filter changed every 2000 miles if the dealer would go for it ,the stupid owners manual says something like 6000 miles witch I think is wacked. the engine only holds just over 2 qts of oil and it lubes the trany also, after my first at 300 and 2ed at 600 miles now I go 1000-1500 miles and I am using non syn oil so after 5000 miles you may change to syn oil but I still use non syn oil in 2 of my bikes,(to each there own) warm the engine up real good before starting out in the morning and enjoy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts