Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had a chance to finally see in person a Ninja 400 this weekend. Was at a local dealerships and saw a Grey/Yellow ABS version with a sign on it saying, "Sold, do not sit on bike". Wanted a chance to sit on it and get a general impression of the seat & handlebar ergonomics and weight etc. Luckily the bike was sold to a friend of the GM and he told me I could sit on it as long as my belt buckle was covered. He didn't want to see any scratches.

Thankful for the chance I must say I'm impressed. The seating position and reach to the handlebars is quite relaxed. Just a little lean forward for my 5'9" frame. It seem to me an upright riding position that I've experienced from standard style motorcycles. Also the weight is very nice. Granted it wasn't fully fueled etc. but I was stunned how light it was and how easy it is to shift from left to right. Another plus was the instruments and controls. The levers were within easy reach of my small hands (please no jokes). I've come away with a general good impression of this bike.

I don't have any negative things to report but one item did surprised me. The yellow graphics on the body work seems to be a tape and not something under the clear coat. Am I wrong but it looks like you could peel it off with a heat gun easily.

I mentioned to the GM I would be interested in the Ninja 400 or the Kawi Z650 sometime this summer. He thinks the Ninja 400 will be a big seller but believes he has ordered enough for the coming Spring/Summer sales season.

Granted I'd love to get a bike early Spring but I have to deal with working on my house, backyard and work issues. Still I'm setting a goal getting on a bike in August. It just may be a Ninja 400.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well had a chance to finally see in person a Ninja 400 this weekend. Was at a local dealerships and saw a Grey/Yellow ABS version with a sign on it saying, "Sold, do not sit on bike". Wanted a chance to sit on it and get a general impression of the seat & handlebar ergonomics and weight etc. Luckily the bike was sold to a friend of the GM and he told me I could sit on it as long as my belt buckle was covered. He didn't want to see any scratches.

Thankful for the chance I must say I'm impressed. The seating position and reach to the handlebars is quite relaxed. Just a little lean forward for my 5'9" frame. It seem to me an upright riding position that I've experienced from standard style motorcycles. Also the weight is very nice. Granted it wasn't fully fueled etc. but I was stunned how light it was and how easy it is to shift from left to right. Another plus was the instruments and controls. The levers were within easy reach of my small hands (please no jokes). I've come away with a general good impression of this bike.

I don't have any negative things to report but one item did surprised me. The yellow graphics on the body work seems to be a tape and not something under the clear coat. Am I wrong but it looks like you could peel it off with a heat gun easily.

I mentioned to the GM I would be interested in the Ninja 400 or the Kawi Z650 sometime this summer. He thinks the Ninja 400 will be a big seller but believes he has ordered enough for the coming Spring/Summer sales season.

Granted I'd love to get a bike early Spring but I have to deal with working on my house, backyard and work issues. Still I'm setting a goal getting on a bike in August. It just may be a Ninja 400.
Yeh those stickers come off with a little help from a hair dryer haha wouldnt mind seeing the grey version with no stickers, I think stickers should be illegal on a bike especially the krt edition, either way the bike is awesome and 3rd party support is already popping up everywhere I wouldnt be surprised if I see people getting this bike close to the 60hp mark :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well had a chance to finally see in person a Ninja 400 this weekend. Was at a local dealerships and saw a Grey/Yellow ABS version with a sign on it saying, "Sold, do not sit on bike".Wanted a chance to sit on it and get a general impression of the seat & handlebar ergonomics and weight etc. Luckily the bike was sold to a friend of the GM and he told me I could sit on it as long as my belt buckle was covered. He didn't want to see any scratches.

@DPW650, Was the dealership in MA or RI (Durand's), beltbuckle warning sounds like Terry at Durand's.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's pretty much normal when it comes to entry level bikes because painted on graphics cost more to do compared to stick on ones. On the bright side, you can easily peel then off and add your own to customize your Ninja 400.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty much normal when it comes to entry level bikes because painted on graphics cost more to do compared to stick on ones. On the bright side, you can easily peel then off and add your own to customize your Ninja 400.
That makes me wonder if the Grey/Yellow or the Green models would look better without the stickers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts