Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone today I tried to reach the maximum speed of my bike but I found a block of revolutions at 12000 and at a speed of 186 km/h you too have this problem.
I would to unlock this block anyone know how?
On ninja 400 my2020

·
Director of Moderation
2,725 Posts
The rev limiter on a stock ninja 400 is 12,200. It can be raised if you flash your ECU, but I wouldn't go too much more or you risk damaging the engine. Did you actually feel and hear the rev limiter kick in though? I'm guessing no because if you saw 12,000 rpm, it realistically was at about 11,500 since the tachometer is off by about 500 rpm on these bikes. So you were limited by power and air drag. The speed you reached is close to about what a stock 400 is capable of doing. Need to change your gearing, get more aerodynamic and increase the power to go faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the straight I tried to see the maximum speed as a friend of mine with the 2018 model touched 203km/h anyway yes I heard the limiter activated because at full throttle the acceleration suddenly stopped and on the display was still 186km/h
you know how to flash ecu?

·
Director of Moderation
2,725 Posts
on the straight I tried to see the maximum speed as a friend of mine with the 2018 model touched 203km/h anyway yes I heard the limiter activated because at full throttle the acceleration suddenly stopped and on the display was still 186km/h
you know how to flash ecu?
Yes, you send it in to someone that can flash it or you buy the kit to do it yourself from Woolich or FTECU. But your friend's bike and your bike are probably the same I'm guessing, unless he has a bunch of mods done to his bike...so I don't think you were limited by the rev limiter. It wouldn't kick in quite so soon. Are you a bigger guy than your friend? Were you fully tucked in behind the screen?

·
Registered
21 N400, USB, Air delete, full exhaust,Hi flow filter/snorkel delete, Clutch springs
62 Posts
That top speed sounds about right. You can get it tuned and you’ll probably find it runs smoother but don’t expect the top speed to be effected much if any by it.

·
Registered
2020 EX400 ABS
12 Posts
My 2020 ninja 400 has a tune, full system akrapovich and a k&n air filter, fastest i've ever been able to get it up to is 203kmph. When it was stock i got it to 199 and it wouldn't go faster not because a limiter but because the bike just wasn't capable of more. Mines a canadian model and as far as I know ours aren't restricted however depending on what your countries laws are yours may be. Like Bax said with all the work into the bike I only got 4 kmph+ out of it top speed wise but it is a crazy difference low end, pulls so much better and you don't have to fight the throttle for power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts