Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here y’all go..

Posting this because I looked and looked for pics of the Graphite Grey Ninja 400 with the stickers removed before I done it myself and could not find any, anywhere.

I removed all stickers that wasn’t clear coated over. (left the Kawasaki and Ninja stickers voluntarily—the Ninja sticker on the tank is clear coated however)
I also found some paint that EXACTLY matches the muffler paint and painted the stock muffler to be all black. (The paint was: RUSTOLEUM High Heat Spray paint—The RUSTOLEUM Very High Heat Spray paint is a different color. It’s a Glossy Black after it dries so do not use it unless that is the desired appearance you want)

Hope you all enjoy and I think it looks amazing!

-(Side note: Make sure you test EACH can of paint before you start using it because when I started on my second can, it started spitting some texture out like on a popcorn ceiling but not as extreme. Still looks good, but the OCD in me is going to require me to remove the Muffler Shield, and remove all the paint, to do it all over again! Lol)-

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah NinjaBird, me too. I can’t wait to start putting stuff on it! I actually just bought the same EXACT tank pad you have on yours to cover up the enameled stripe on my tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well here y’all go..

Posting this because I looked and looked for pics of the Graphite Grey Ninja 400 with the stickers removed before I done it myself and could not find any, anywhere.

I removed all stickers that wasn’t clear coated over. (left the Kawasaki and Ninja stickers voluntarily—the Ninja sticker on the tank is clear coated however)
I also found some paint that EXACTLY matches the muffler paint and painted the stock muffler to be all black. (The paint was: RUSTOLEUM High Heat Spray paint—The RUSTOLEUM Very High Heat Spray paint is a different color. It’s a Glossy Black after it dries so do not use it unless that is the desired appearance you want)

-(Side note: Make sure you test EACH can of paint before you start using it because when I started on my second can, it started spitting some texture out like on a popcorn ceiling but not as extreme. Still looks good, but the OCD in me is going to require me to remove the Muffler Shield, and remove all the paint, to do it all over again! Lol)-
I almost bought the graphite grey one, they sold it while I driving to the dealer to look at it. Then I saw the red and black, and I went with it. My previous bike was red and black, so is my gear, so I said no brainer lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well here y’all go..

How did you go about removing those decals? Did you use a heat gun?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts