Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

WSSP300 Started in Europe 2017.
just like 2 strokes back in the day they all started off somewhere.
Since started this race series the Ninja Parallel Twin Supersports has been very dominant and has received updates such as going from 300cc to 400cc, 400 now being lighter than the 300 is a great achievement.
These are classified as Supersports machines.
Ive previously owned 600RR 06....
Out at track ussualy a good rider on 600cc and under have very high corner speeds than usual and surprises the larger capacity bikes.

to hear people say that this bike is only a commuter and rave on and on that an inline 4 would smash it....
I have news for these people.
the parallel twin Ninja 400 has broken inline 4 400 lap records. I believe the twins sound very nice and is quite satisfying after hearing an inline 4 for Ohh so long.
The WSSP300 race series will continue on, there will be newer updated models in the near future.
I believe Suzuki will enter the race series with a new 300 or 400cc parallel twin.
I will show as much support as possible for the Ninja 400 because I do believe they will start to come out in the near future with completely alloy swing arms and fully adjustable suspension.
400cc meets Euro market 250cc meets asian market.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Inline 4 got smashed!!
To be honest, Mark got smashed by a MotoAmerica pro kid. This wasn't so much a case of bike, but of rider. I've raced with both, in fact I was in that actual race too but farther back. I've raced with the guy on the FZR many times in the last 2 years and that bike is still a bit faster than a ninja 400. But Teagg (the 16-year old at the time, on that ninja) is a really fast kid and with the right gearing combined with him carrying more corner speed out of the last chicane plus the draft, which is a huge factor at Daytona, is why he was able to pass the FZR. The rest of us normal folks on 400s are generally not able to stick with the FZR on the straights.

I've done a bit of work to my 400 in the off-season which should hopefully allow me to stick with it on the straights now.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
To be honest, Mark got smashed by a MotoAmerica pro kid. This wasn't so much a case of bike, but of rider. I've raced with both, in fact I was in that actual race too but farther back. I've raced with the guy on the FZR many times in the last 2 years and that bike is still a bit faster than a ninja 400. But Teagg (the 16-year old at the time, on that ninja) is a really fast kid and with the right gearing combined with him carrying more corner speed out of the last chicane plus the draft, which is a huge factor at Daytona, is why he was able to pass the FZR. The rest of us normal folks on 400s are generally not able to stick with the FZR on the straights.

I've done a bit of work to my 400 in the off-season which should hopefully allow me to stick with it on the straights now.
This was my thoughts as well after looking at the clip. She's an interesting race track for sure, something completely different.
I'll look out for an update in your own thread at some stage regarding your bike prep/mods for the new season. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ninja 400 has 2 cylinders, is about 14kg lighter between the two in stock form and makes nearly same power.

I believe the Ninja 400 is a better bike imop.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The FZR400 is 25+ years old and carburetted, yet still basically faster than a Ninja 400 with clearly a decent 4cyl as you'd expect. Stock for stock, using pre 92 figures and assuming 49hp US version of Ninja (as apposed to 45hp EU version we have) the FZR still has a better power to weight ratio with 59hp @ 185kg wet.

So yeah, it should cream my Ninja 400 stock for stock and no surprise as it'd have cost a pretty penny new, dripping with aluminium and the 4cyl engine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The FZR400 is 25+ years old and carburetted, yet still basically faster than a Ninja 400 with clearly a decent 4cyl as you'd expect. Stock for stock, using pre 92 figures and assuming 49hp US version of Ninja (as apposed to 45hp EU version we have) the FZR still has a better power to weight ratio with 59hp @ 185kg wet.

So yeah, it should cream my Ninja 400 stock for stock and no surprise as it'd have cost a pretty penny new, dripping with aluminium and the 4cyl engine.
Stock for stock.
The Ninja 400 man your seriously 😐 not waking up.
The thing is bloody 14kg lighter😳 than any FZR400 or VFR400....
The Ninja 400 It has only 2 cylinders man and makes 45HP....
That old bucket you call fast needs a whole 2 more cylinders than the Ninja 400 to Make an extra WHOPPING 14Hp....

my god in heavens you do not understand how far the parallel twin 400 has come.

even the new ZX25R VS new CBR250RR parallel twin....bike for bike no difference they just make torque differently.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Stock for stock.
The Ninja 400 man your seriously 😐 not waking up.
The thing is bloody 14kg lighter😳 than any FZR400 or VFR400....
The Ninja 400 It has only 2 cylinders man and makes 45HP....
That old bucket you call fast needs a whole 2 more cylinders than the Ninja 400 to Make an extra WHOPPING 14Hp....

my god in heavens you do not understand how far the parallel twin 400 has come.

even the new ZX25R VS new CBR250RR parallel twin....bike for bike no difference they just make torque differently.
Ninja 400 49hp variant power to weight 49hp/168kg = 0.292 hp per kg. The 45hp variant you and I have = 0.268 hp per kg.
FZR400 59hp power to weight 59hp/185kg = 0.312hp per kg.

And that's a 25 year old carb bike. Not bad.
But then my 1990 CBR250RR is also 45hp and weighs 10kg less than my Ninja 400 at only 158kg wet. The CBR250RR would probably have cost 3x as much new, and has half the torque. Over its 125,000k's it has probably given up its best years, yet it would still give the Ninja 400 a good run today, and beat it on paper from new.

The Ninja 400 is 30 years newer and a great bike. Excellent performance for the dollar vs the older bikes, but no point getting delusions of grandeur over it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ninja 400 49hp variant power to weight 49hp/168kg = 0.292 hp per kg. The 45hp variant you and I have = 0.268 hp per kg.
FZR400 59hp power to weight 59hp/185kg = 0.312hp per kg.

And that's a 25 year old carb bike. Not bad.
But then my 1990 CBR250RR is also 45hp and weighs 10kg less than my Ninja 400 at only 158kg wet. The CBR250RR would probably have cost 3x as much new, and has half the torque. Over its 125,000k's it has probably given up its best years, yet it would still give the Ninja 400 a good run today, and beat it on paper from new.

The Ninja 400 is 30 years newer and a great bike. Excellent performance for the dollar vs the older bikes, but no point getting delusions of grandeur over it.
THE FZR NEEDS A WHOLE EXTRA 2 CYLINDERS FOR A WHOPPING 14HP

IF THATS NOT OLD I DUNNO MATE.
I JUST DONT KNOW 😐

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
We've got a dude who races two FZR400's at my local track. One is older and he rides it in the Pre '89 classics class. The other is a later model with the Delta Box frame and he runs it in F3/Superlite which is my class.
He's an older guy but is seriously quick on them and has given me the odd scare on my SV650 when I haven't been on top of my game.
I'm pretty sure he's doing 1:10's around our local track. The best I've done on my Ninja is 1:14. Even if I got my Ninja set up fully as a race bike I reckon I would still struggle to match his and more importantly his bikes pace.
Just sayin.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We've got a dude who races two FZR400's at my local track. One is older and he rides it in the Pre '89 classics class. The other is a later model with the Delta Box frame and he runs it in F3/Superlite which is my class.
He's an older guy but is seriously quick on them and has given me the odd scare on my SV650 when I haven't been on top of my game.
I'm pretty sure he's doing 1:10's around our local track. The best I've done on my Ninja is 1:14. Even if I got my Ninja set up fully as a race bike I reckon I would still struggle to match his and more importantly his bikes pace.
Just sayin.

View attachment 12997
I’m gonna have to say it man, clearly “fella” is a better rider then..:..
I can’t suck Wang to the old gen bikes man I’m proud of my machine and in my lower groups out at our fast pace track for our state has massive straights into some unique hairpins or wide turns...
I pass 636 and 675 out in my lower group with stock I’m gonna say original oem tyres Dunlop GPR300 and I pass dudes with Hypersport tyres.
what more do you want 🤷‍♂️
show me your track and here is mine kiwi fella.

bring your 400 down and have a go here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts