Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I chock this up to 90% chance of mis-assembly at the factory - the only other way this would've happened is overheating or detonation (unlikely unless it's insanely hot where you live 110+). Sorry to hear, let us know how this turns out!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I live in so cal temp at 76 degrees daily my bike is still at the shop I’ve spent over $800 on a rental car and called kawi they will not reimburse me not 1 penny. This is there bike & product & will not own up to it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I live in so cal temp at 76 degrees daily my bike is still at the shop I’ve spent over $800 on a rental car and called kawi they will not reimburse me not 1 penny. This is there bike & product & will not own up to it.
Oh no! They should have least given u a demo for the time being. Hope they know we all talk on here. Potential lost business.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My bike is still in the shop. Parts are on back order till who knows when.
Oh no no no.. they have 30 days depending on the which state to repair your bike.. or give you a new one or a refund, By law they don't get an unlimited amount of time to rectify this.

Id call your local news channel and read your states lemon law to verify the laws in your area, the statutes takes time for repairs into consideration as part of that law...
I would also call Kawasaki customer support again and let them know your recording the conversation legal purposes and see if they can help, more than likely they will say you can take your bike to another dealer, but if you do you may start the clock over...

Also keep records of who you talked to and the dates, what you were told and so on... If you let them get away with this they will walk all over you and take their sweet time. in 5 days it will be a month since you reported it on this forums... personally I would start getting a little upset over this and start working towards a solution.. keep track of transportation costs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on an ETA of when you're bike will be fixed. Perhaps the super high temps we've been seeing as of late contributed to the problem. There is no way you should be responsible for finding your own method of transportation in the interim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on an ETA of when you're bike will be fixed. Perhaps the super high temps we've been seeing as of late contributed to the problem. There is no way you should be responsible for finding your own method of transportation in the interim.
So update guys it’s been about 43 days since I left my bike at the dealer my dealer has been very rude and over looked additional parts needed which is why my bike is still in the shop. I gave my dealer a bad review on yelp & they called me telling me they will no longer work on my bike. I called Kawasaki and they have been no help I’m now forced to take my bike to another shop and start this process all over again. What a nighter I am haveing

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wowza! Sorry to hear. Im surprised Kawasaki CS couldnt help you. Id be writing letters to both corporate and the dealership. Keep everything documented as well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So update guys it’s been about 43 days since I left my bike at the dealer my dealer has been very rude and over looked additional parts needed which is why my bike is still in the shop. I gave my dealer a bad review on yelp & they called me telling me they will no longer work on my bike. I called Kawasaki and they have been no help I’m now forced to take my bike to another shop and start this process all over again. What a nighter I am haveing

next time you talk to Kawasaki..you might want to mention this forum and these postings... many future buyers are watching as well as those who now wonder what they purchased from Kawasaki... 1st year release nightmares do happen..

Sure hope your problems get solved quickly...and also hope it is a very rare incident, seeing I own one..:nerd:

·
Registered
59 Posts
well......im guessing the leaking fluid from the head gasket looked a bit like this......FML
time to see how the dealership treats me...….any tips?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
well......im guessing the leaking fluid from the head gasket looked a bit like this......FML
yikes... I hope you have better luck than the poor guy before you... and keeping my fingers crossed that mine isn't a lemon :unsure:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow... I hope this isn't going to turn into a first year issue, I'm at 2k + so I better go have a look see now... Nope all is well so far, I haven't noticed any unusual temps, and I am regularly riding in 110F heat here in Las Vegas, I was really worried about the temp shown on the Odo display when breaking the bike in knowing summer was coming but its been fine and the fan comes on at less intervals now that the bikes fully broke-in.

Sorry your having issues man, sure hope this wont be contagious down the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Yup that’s it right there the dealer told me they talked to Kawasaki & they told him it’s been a known issue for this new bike my bike is still down!! Parts are on back order with no ETA!!! Nightmare I tell you guys!!!

41 - 60 of 97 Posts