Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine also had gear problems which went away by itself I Gould have trouble going from neutral t first gear. Will post updates when I get some on gasket

·
Registered
110 Posts
Speaking of which... Is your bike all fixed up and back to the brand new and shiny condition it was when you first got it..?
More or less:grin: I still have the lever and barend to replace. But now, je vois tous ( I see all )

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
was your coolant level correct? very strange for a gasket to blow this early :/
Lol I believe what you meant to say is " was your coolant level correct? very strange for a gasket to blow ever " they don't blow unless acted on by an unusual condition.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So took bike into shop yesterday recieved a call today turns out it is a blown head gasket at 1700 miles.
D.A.M.N. that sucks.... sorry to read. As some of you may know..I ride a CBR 300 R and I enjoy it very much. However my bike being a 2015... 1st year of release...some of that model had crank shaft issues. The models that were questionable were wth in a VIN number range. Mine fell into that range as did many others but I did not have any issues at all with my bike . About 6 CBR 300's had new cranks installed at my local dealer and all upon inspection looked fine...but as per Honda.....cranks were changed anyway. So some say that was because the new bikes are not made in Japan anymore is an issue. Bull poop I say to that.... Quality is Quality no matter where product is made. My point is.....for piece of mind I purchased a 4 year warranty for my 300 R. So I have full coverage all this Summer and all next Summer. Maybe its a waste of money? Who knows....but it is reassuring that everything is covered for a while yet. May I suggest that you think about doing the same as I did. The Ninja 400 is a new model just like my bike was in 2015. When you break it down as per cost per year to own..... and have a warranty.... it is peanuts.

·
Registered
377 Posts
D.A.M.N. that sucks.... sorry to read. As some of you may know..I ride a CBR 300 R and I enjoy it very much. However my bike being a 2015... 1st year of release...some of that model had crank shaft issues. The models that were questionable were wth in a VIN number range. Mine fell into that range as did many others but I did not have any issues at all with my bike . About 6 CBR 300's had new cranks installed at my local dealer and all upon inspection looked fine...but as per Honda.....cranks were changed anyway. So some say that was because the new bikes are not made in Japan anymore is an issue. Bull poop I say to that.... Quality is Quality no matter where product is made. My point is.....for piece of mind I purchased a 4 year warranty for my 300 R. So I have full coverage all this Summer and all next Summer. Maybe its a waste of money? Who knows....but it is reassuring that everything is covered for a while yet. May I suggest that you think about doing the same as I did. The Ninja 400 is a new model just like my bike was in 2015. When you break it down as per cost per year to own..... and have a warranty.... it is peanuts.
I agree. Normally I don't get the extra warranty but on first year bikes.....yes!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Curious if it was broken in at under 4k the first 500 miles, then under 6k the second 500 miles with an oil-change of proper viscosity at 600 miles?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Curious if it was broken in at under 4k the first 500 miles, then under 6k the second 500 miles with an oil-change of proper viscosity at 600 miles?
Heres your answer:

No I’ve babied it! I’ve never pushed it hard not sure might just be my luck shops saying it’s going to be 2-3 weeks to get it back
Personally I would suspect this is just bad luck and not related to how the bike was ridden early in it's engine life. Other wise my last three bikes would have blown their head gaskets 10 times over.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts