Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As someone who has never ridden a Ninja 300 before I would be interested in hearing from any members who currently own or have owned one. What are your thoughts on this bike and what aspects weren't you so keen on that you hope to see improved in the new Ninja 400?

Personally I have always liked the styling of the Ninja's the best out of the 300cc class bikes currently available.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A 250 starter bike is fine though I went for the 300 right off the bat. Luckily bought one used because the plastic full fairing cracked a bit when I dropped it. Other than that, it's a fantastic looking bike with a good transmission. Power was fine, but after a while, you start to notice how much faster the more powerful bikes are in group rides.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am an EX Ninja 300 Owner! And YES. It was and is a "Superb" Product for sure! 4 Years ownership and a little over 11,000 "Trouble Free" Miles.
Went to the Rockies in Colorado and does PERFECT in the High Altitudes which is a very good test for the Fuel Injection on this bike. Went to the Summit of Pikes Peak and Monarch Pass at Altitudes from 11,312 to 14,110 feet above sea level to the top. Ran PERFECT without any Issues! I bought the "First" Black one to come to Tulsa, Okla. And will soon have the "First" Black Ninja 400 to come here. Really Impressed with the Long Lasting quality of Kawasaki Products. The Styling and not to mention the High Performance. Just can't wait until my New 400 gets here! Also here are some Pics of my Ninja 300 before I sold this Bike..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good pics, sounds like you had a good run out of your 300. Were you happy with re-sale value?
Also I see from the shot of your instrument cluster that the redline on the 300 was 13K RPM. Looks like they have knocked it back 1000RPM for the 400 motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ninja 300 rider here. It is my first non-learner Bike and I love it! I live in the UK where you can only ride up to a 125cc until you do your full bike test. Upon passing my test I was torn between the R3 and Ninja. Glad I went with the Ninja because it is an amazing bike. For someone like me who has never ridden a 'Big' bike per say, it has more than enough power, fuel economy is great and its a stunner. If you do plan on getting one you won't be disappointed (unless your a speed freak and cant take anything less than a 600)

·
Registered
124 Posts
A 250 starter bike is fine though I went for the 300 right off the bat. Luckily bought one used because the plastic full fairing cracked a bit when I dropped it. Other than that, it's a fantastic looking bike with a good transmission. Power was fine, but after a while, you start to notice how much faster the more powerful bikes are in group rides.
250 for the first year of riding is indeed great but i'm starting to notice there's an increasing amount of people these days that want a longer term buy. Which probably correlates to what we're seeing in the market now with slightly higher CC bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts