Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we know the oil filter (part # 16097-0008) is compatible with the Ninja 400.

List any other Ninja 300 parts here that you know will fit. This needs to be accurate info of parts that you preferably have first hand experience of fitting. No guesses! :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ninja 300 mirrors are compatible but you have o use the screws that come with the ninja 400 as they are about twice as long tho the thread on them is the same. Also levers are compatible between the 400 and 300 so be sure to find some good deals there :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have been trying to install parts from my trashed 300 on to my 400. So far nothing fits. Not even the spools are the same size.

What doesnt fit

Risers

Spools
Rear set

Front Ohlins cartridges
Race fairings

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have been trying to install parts from my trashed 300 on to my 400. So far nothing fits. Not even the spools are the same size.

What doesnt fit

Risers
Rear Shock
Spools
Rear set
Ohlins rear exhaust
Front Ohlins cartridges
Race fairings
What about clutch and front brake levers? And whats the Ohlins rear exhaust that you list?

·
Registered
458 Posts
What about clutch and front brake levers? And whats the Ohlins rear exhaust that you list?
I need to change a few answers that I put earlier of things that didnt fit. The levers yes they will fit. My Ohlins rear shock fit, however they had to make a mounting bracket it for it. Looking at it they only had to make the spacer where the bolt will go through.

My rear Tyga sprocket fit, even my race tires fit they are 140/60 though still have good meat on them so no since wasting money on a new set of tires yet.

ill share in another post the pictures of whats being done to my 400

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need to change a few answers that I put earlier of things that didnt fit. The levers yes they will fit. My Ohlins rear shock fit, however they had to make a mounting bracket it for it. Looking at it they only had to make the spacer where the bolt will go through.

My rear Tyga sprocket fit, even my race tires fit they are 140/60 though still have good meat on them so no since wasting money on a new set of tires yet.

ill share in another post the pictures of whats being done to my 400
What is the size of your spools?

·
Registered
182 Posts
This can be really helpful since there aren't any N400 accessories available in the Philippines, and probably not for a long time, which is understandable, but there are many for the N300. Does anyone know if the radiator guard/protector of the Ninja 300 fits the N400? And can anyone confirm that the N300 spools fit the N400? I've read conflicting reports. These plus the shorty levers and maybe the mirrors are the mods I'm thinking of doing right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BRIDGESTONE 160/60 BT-023 tires on the 400 are amazing, looks huge but more important work great though the dunlops that come with the 400 suck on the ninja 300 for some reason :/
Any chance you have before and after pictures? I'm also interested in wider rear tires.
Was also wondering if there are disadvantages of wider rear tires if any on the 400?

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any chance you have before and after pictures? I'm also interested in wider rear tires.
Was also wondering if there are disadvantages of wider rear tires if any on the 400?
I can't comment first hand on how a 160 feels on a N400 but from a physics point of view (stop yawning!) it is best to have as least unsprung weight as possible. Unsprung weight is wheels, tyres , brake calipers etc. The less mass the suspension has to control the better and it will react quicker.
Also lighter wheels reduce the gyroscopic effect produced by the wheels, making the bike easier to turn.

If you look at the Moto 3 bikes in the Moto GP they only run a rear tyre of width 115-120 so that they turn in as quick as possible. And those bikes have more HP's than our N400's.

A wider does look cool though. :cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Agreed, worse acceleration an slower turn-in are the two most likely results.

·
Registered
764 Posts
incorrect, i have had bigger tires on the 300, 1000, and old 250 and on the 300 it made it feel slow and less nible on the other 2 it felt a lot better on the 400 it feels wayyyy better than stock, feels nimble and light as a feather, deffinately recommend the 160 bt-023 it was actually recommended to me from a shop in thailand that work with the 400, they even made me the body kit for the 300

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can't comment first hand on how a 160 feels on a N400 but from a physics point of view (stop yawning!) it is best to have as least unsprung weight as possible. Unsprung weight is wheels, tyres , brake calipers etc. The less mass the suspension has to control the better and it will react quicker.
Also lighter wheels reduce the gyroscopic effect produced by the wheels, making the bike easier to turn.

If you look at the Moto 3 bikes in the Moto GP they only run a rear tyre of width 115-120 so that they turn in as quick as possible. And those bikes have more HP's than our N400's.

A wider does look cool though. :cool:
Hmmmmm.. where have I read this type of explanation before??? :devil: Understand that IMHO Kiwi Rider is correct.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts