Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the stock mirrors and installed the 300 mirrors from my 300 track bike. Looks much cleaner and only slightly less rearward viewing than the stock ones.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Removed the stock mirrors and installed the 300 mirrors from my 300 track bike. Looks much cleaner and only slightly less rearward viewing than the stock ones.
wait wait wait..so the stock 300 mirrirs and stock 400 mirrors are slightly different ? how so? just in length?

·
Registered
764 Posts
The mirrors bodies are the same....the stalk on the 400 is 2 1/2" longer.
oh sweet asf i have a ninja 300 and 400 is coming in today ill swap em around, thought the stalk looked a little longer as i know that the mirrors where they insert are same on both the 300 and 400 so gotta see how this looks :) cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 300 and a 400, happen to like the extra length of the 400 mirrors. To anyone - if interested, I could trade my stock Ninja 300 mirrors for the Ninja 400 mirrors

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a 300 and a 400, happen to like the extra length of the 400 mirrors. To anyone - if interested, I could trade my stock Ninja 300 mirrors for the Ninja 400 mirrors
i WOULD BUY THE LEFT HAND MIRROR FROM YOU FOR 40 AUD ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just for reference, this is what they look like on the bike.

Stock mirror on the left, 300 mirror on the right.

I highly recommend these over the stock mirrors, you lose a bit of that over the shoulder rear view though.
My mirrors look less like anntenae and the bike as a whole looks better for it. Now if I can get me that Hindle exhaust..

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
If anyone is taking off stock mirrors to modify their bike for track, or just customizing - I would be interested in purchasing to put on my 300.
Reply to post, or PM me to work out details. I can send paypal payment...
I just took mine off and replaced them with some N300 mirrors I found on Amazon for $20. (Don't do it!)
You get what you pay for I guess. PM me if you still want some. We can work out a trade. Something tells me stock N300 mirrors will fold forwards or backwards when pressure is applied to them. The ones I currently have don't budge whatsoever, I can already foresee a situation where I clip it on something and pay a dear price for it's rigidity.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a pair of BikeMaster Ninja 300 mirrors ($35 per mirror) and put them on today to make lane splitting a bit easier. They look essentially identical to the stock 400 mirrors but the stalks are ~2 inches shorter. Quality seems up to par but I haven't had a chance to ride with them so I don't know if they vibrate.

Here's a photo of the BikeMaster Ninja 300 mirror on the left and the stock 400 mirror on the right along with two photos of the 300 mirrors on both sides and folded in.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
oh sweet asf i have a ninja 300 and 400 is coming in today ill swap em around, thought the stalk looked a little longer as i know that the mirrors where they insert are same on both the 300 and 400 so gotta see how this looks :) cheers
Hi,
Ninja 400 and Ninja 300 mirror are same insert methods. I am having Ninja 300 I planned to buy ninja 400 can I use ninja 300 mirrors in my new ninja 400 bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a pair of BikeMaster Ninja 300 mirrors ($35 per mirror) and put them on today to make lane splitting a bit easier. They look essentially identical to the stock 400 mirrors but the stalks are ~2 inches shorter. Quality seems up to par but I haven't had a chance to ride with them so I don't know if they vibrate.

Here's a photo of the BikeMaster Ninja 300 mirror on the left and the stock 400 mirror on the right along with two photos of the 300 mirrors on both sides and folded in.
hi,
I am having ninja 300 I planned to buy ninja 400. I had doubts whether it is possible to fitting the ninja 300 mirror on the ninja 400.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi,
I am having ninja 300 I planned to buy ninja 400. I had doubts whether it is possible to fitting the ninja 300 mirror on the ninja 400.
The BikeMaster Ninja 300 mirrors fit perfectly on the 400 mirror mounts so it's probably safe to assume other 300-compatible mirrors will work, too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As for me, I replaced mine with aftermarket Ninja300 mirrors. You do need to place the original screws back in with the new mirrors. For such a cheap prize, they can't be fold but do look cleaner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm still happy with the Bike Master Ninja 300 mirrors. They don't vibrate and they fold in with a little intentional effort, and they make lane splitting that much easier. The only downside is it's a bit harder to see around your body but if you're, um, not too wide, it's not an issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did go with Bike Masters O.E.M Ninja 300 mirrors. Nothing wrong with paying 25 dollars for the amazon brands which is a super bargain, but I figured I would have the peace of mind, that if I ever did hit something by accident or simply just knocked into it in the garage, instead of breaking off it would just fold back.

Merry Xmas everyone. I got a new slip on today so excited, I will be doing a review in the exhaust section soon. Looking forward to putting these mirror on.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have to be honest..in the short time I had the shorter mirrors I swapped them twice.. The shorter mirror kinda looks better and works as mentioned..a bit harder to see behind. The Original long stem has a much better field of view.. and makes for a nice place to mount an extra camera.. Right now I have the short ones on and when spring gets here, I am probably going back to the Originals again.. for how long? I dunno..lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got my mirrors today, I totally love them. I expected the worst and thought I was going to lose a lot of rear vision, but in my opinion its not bad at all and I feel comfortable with seeing everything as I did with the stock mirrors.

The 400 looks much more aggressive and 100x sportier... its a night and day difference. Bang for buck wise, this is my most pleasing mod I have made to my 400.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just got back from joyriding and took some pictures of the bikemasters ninja 300 mirrors. I tried to give a couple different perspectives, this is actually in the parking lot where msf course students do their training on the weekends. It's on the former Mather AFB, the runway is still active saw a couple of fighter jets practicing as I was taking these pictures today.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts