Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new rider just went riding around 8pm in the suburbs of Philadelphia. How do you guys deal with all the bugs I actually had to stop to clean of the visor it was covered. Also had to clean little bugs out of the helmets air vents. It was like something out of a Steven King movie with all the small bugs just pelting me. Had to shake out my mesh riding jacket from them also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ride down South sometime!
Florida when the black love bugs are swarming is the worst.
You ride into what looks like clouds of insect swarms.
Hydrogen peroxide takes crusty bugs off easily post ride.
I carry individually wrapped moistened lens cloths in my jacket for the roadside visor cleanings.
Yeah that doesn't sound fun lol I will have to try the peroxide on the crusty dried up ones thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ride down South sometime!
Florida when the black love bugs are swarming is the worst.
You ride into what looks like clouds of insect swarms.
Hydrogen peroxide takes crusty bugs off easily post ride.
I carry individually wrapped moistened lens cloths in my jacket for the roadside visor cleanings.
Ahhh Florida. America's Australia. 😂

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
It's an inherent part of motorcycling, and a good reason to always wear a helmet with a full visor. :D

I once was riding through a swarm at dusk, and could barely see enough to pull off at the next gas station to clean my visor and my lights. :rolleyes: I'd lost a significant amount of light from the thick crud of bugs.

They're less of a problem during the day. It seems they come out and swarm at dusk.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400
30 Posts
Thanks for the entertainment guys. Loved reading everyone’s bug testimonies. XD

I’ve had more of a problem with gnats here Indiana than anything else. There were whole clouds of them one night when I was riding home from work. Visibility on the actual visor wasn’t a problem so much as the fact that they were getting inside my helmet and hitting my eyes. If you want to ride at night maybe you can keep a microfiber in your pocket and wipe off at stop signs. XD
How is it riding in the city?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts