Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to the motorcycle scene but was always intrigued by them. I've been researching on what bike to get as a beginner and will be hopefully getting my license in the next few months. I've narrowed it down to a 300cc bike but kept on seeing people talk about the Ninja 400 so doing some research.

Planning to get a bike next year so I am saving up some cash for it. I've been looking at Facebook groups and forums to get more information.

I'm also debating between new and used, but would probably benefit with new due to the warranty. I was thinking used just in case if I need to upgrade, but if I have a good bike to start with, upgrade may not be something I really need as it would be more for commuting and taking out for casual riding on the weekends.

Hoping to learn a lot in the next few month and awaiting anxiously to pick up a motorcycle! Also, any tips before taking the motorcycle classes and tests is welcome!

Rmey

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm also debating between new and used

Now in my 60's... this is only the second "new" bike I ever purchased and I have had a few of them.. You can save quite a bit on low mile used motorcycles if you are patient and look around.. This was an itch I had to scratch and a 1st year model.. so it was "special".. the warranty is only 12 months long so expect to get an extended warranty from 500-800 dollars more to cover a new engine design while they see how it works out in mass production, for peace of mind.. possibly, that extra year waiting will improve the model if it appears to be needed.. With this Ninja, you can ride the 400 easily and safely at low rpm and cover the normal speed limits or it is powerful enough to get over 120mph and get you in trouble.

If you are young at age and find you enjoy motorcycles.. no matter what anyone tells you .. you will still have to travel the CC range of bikes in your own life span.. it's just something the majority of riders do it seems.. and there are so many great looking bikes out there of all sizes.. try to test drive one if possible...

Good Luck and Safe Travels..:grin::nerd::grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great to hear. Yeah I'm trying to be patient and wait till next year but always looking at for sale ads to see if there are good deals. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to purchase, there may be some used 400s around.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have only been riding for two months now so I am new myself to street riding. To be honest I wish I had just bought a cheap used 250 or 300 ninja to learn on. I see them for as cheap as $1000-$1500 and $2000 you can get something really decent. Most likely you could sell it for almost what you gave for it. Thankfully I have not dropped my 400 as I have been very careful. I was on the fence about buying a Ninja 400 or Z650. I like the 400 but kind of wish I had bought the Z650 instead. So if I were you I would buy something cheap ride it for awhile then maybe you might know what you really want, that's what I wish I would have done.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey all, I am new to the motorcycle scene but was always intrigued by them. I've been researching on what bike to get as a beginner and will be hopefully getting my license in the next few months. I've narrowed it down to a 300cc bike but kept on seeing people talk about the Ninja 400 so doing some research.

Planning to get a bike next year so I am saving up some cash for it. I've been looking at Facebook groups and forums to get more information.

I'm also debating between new and used, but would probably benefit with new due to the warranty. I was thinking used just in case if I need to upgrade, but if I have a good bike to start with, upgrade may not be something I really need as it would be more for commuting and taking out for casual riding on the weekends.

Hoping to learn a lot in the next few month and awaiting anxiously to pick up a motorcycle! Also, any tips before taking the motorcycle classes and tests is welcome!

Rmey
Be smart buy used for your first bike... Id get a 250 or 300 if its a screaming deal, And not from a dealer - they up charge for it and you get nothing extra. There are always great deals on used bikes... Especially after riding seasons over, the plus side is you get to make all your mistakes on it instead of the bright shinny new one, including tipping it over by mistake... that will easily cost you several hundred dollars in new plastic.

If your stuck on new then wait till your ready to buy to do all the Research, there will be new bikes out in a year giving you more option, the new Ninja 400 is currently all the hype cause it has no competition, so everyone will say its the best bike ever in the world... its a good bike don't get me wrong - with a bit more power than a new rider needs in my opinion.

I would just start looking for a used bike now since your not in a rush, and you'll end up with a good bike for an amazing price.. there is always someone that needs to sale one.. you can get a near new 250CC bike for under $2000.00 and one thats in good shape for under $1500.00 if you are diligent and look every night, same for the 300CC too.

Don't just go out and get your license... Take a couple Motorcycle Safety Coarse's, Many supply a bike to use during the coarse, so you get a chance to ride a couple different style bikes. Good Luck Man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts