Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I bought the new ninja 400 for my wife about a month ago, and she's loving it. She stepped up to this from a tu250x. The first thing she did was a TST fender eliminator, and then thicker grips for more comfortable long rides. Next will probably be the taller windscreen, because the factory one gives her a pretty bad whistle along her helmet. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the bike as well. Considering how well it performs with my 185 lbs, it should be a blast with her 125 lbs.

I generally use these forums for information, so I don't post much. You could say I'm a good listener, not much of a talker; but I might chime in from time to time.

Cheers!

Here's my wife, geared up for winter riding.

Reactions: Administrator

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to hear your wife is happy with her upgrade. The new 400 looks to be an extremely capable bike for both the street and track. What are you currently riding? Not sure that the picture went through, but look forward to seeing your mods.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome Free_Dominion to you and your wife. I am a former Guzzi rider and I see you like to have your "own build" additions to your bikes (cheers for that, seems like most of the Guzzi riders I have met have that same capability/talent).
Hope you and your wife enjoy the Ninja 400, please pass along how the thicker grips help with vibration on longer rides, as I have a tendency to pile on the miles during warmer weather. (High of 41f predicted for today here).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ebay listing

Thanks everybody. These are the grips she's using (it's not my ebay listing). They slip over your factory grips (use a bit of hairspray, they slip right on and hold tight after it dries). The small diameter of the factory grips are good for track use, but they make her hands cramp up on longer rides. Making the diameter larger with these helped her a lot. Definitely recommend them if you're having hand cramping issues. I don't know how long they'll last, but they only cost $11.

rde09,
I do love those quirky Italian machines. I've actually been impressed with the reliability, considering it's a hand-made Italian machine. In 8 years of owning that bike, and riding it like I stole it, day after day, the only problem was, the short length of fuel line in the tank between the filter and the pump split at about 10 years old. I pulled the tank off, pump out, replaced the 3cm length of fuel line and she was back in business.
Three of the 4 bikes I've built were total changes from the original bike. The Triumph bonneville (now the Chimera) was wrecked and split in half. I rescued it from the jaws of a crusher and got it back on the road as a custom build title. It has parts from a triumph street triple, daytona, speedmaster and tiger 800, which is why I called it the Chimera. The yamaha and honda involved cutting apart the frame and totally changing the bikes. The tu250 was only a very mild build, but it was enough to garner that bike more attention in parking lots than my moto guzzi.

Reactions: rde09

·
Registered
244 Posts
Free_Dominion, Thanks for the ebay link, I may give them a try if or when warmer weather takes place in NE USA. Your going to have to slip in a thumbnail every so often in a post of some of your "own builds". Glad to have you on board.

The Guzzi's are very addicting, the lafranconi exhaust sound, loads of torque. and like the Ninja 400 group, a great group of people to be associated with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts