Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any on there next set of tires yet? If not how many miles do you have on your stock tires, and how do they look?

Im currently at around 1100 mi, stock tire, looks great. Riding style is casual beginner. Florida riding so not many corners hahahaha.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Any on there next set of tires yet? If not how many miles do you have on your stock tires, and how do they look?

Im currently at around 1100 mi, stock tire, looks great. Riding style is casual beginner. Florida riding so not many corners hahahaha.
I got 350 kilometers before I changed mine out to SC for the race track. They are for sale if anyone is interested in buying them.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
I've got 3K kilometers (1860 miles) on mine and can already see flat spot on rear tyre. I don't think the Sportmax are a high mileage tyre. Soft and sticky is good though. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You gonna go for more performance or higher milage tire?

I think ill go higher milage tire just for the simple fact im still learning, and probably wont track the bike the first year.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
You gonna go for more performance or higher milage tire?

I think ill go higher milage tire just for the simple fact im still learning, and probably wont track the bike the first year.
Yeah good question... When I changed the OEM tryes on my CBR300 I went for Michelin Pilot Sport Radials and they were a really good tyre that hardly slipped and I tracked on them too but bizarrely I got better mileage out of them that the el chepo IRC stock tyres. :confused:

For me it depends what my brand my mate with a bike accessory business can get me cheap too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Haha where do you live? U.s?
No I live in Philippines. There are a few of us on here from there, but I think they are racers also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What factory tires have you got in your Ninja 400 ? Here, in Poland the Ninja 400 come with Dunlop Sportmax GPR 300F.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just got a rear flat, and I ordered an exact replacement. $117, shipped, from Ebay.

Seems like the oem is pretty good. On my second set, I may go with a harder tire...because I don't think this bike really taxes the tires too much, on the street.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah from all the reviews on tires and videos i watched i think they developed the stock tires in conjunction with the bike, and that they are actually really good for the money if your not gonna be doing any hardcore track riding, some reviews even said they are good enough to get a novice through a track day!

I think as much as i like the sport aspect, ill have an alternative touring setup for my bike eventually, so i might go with a higher milage tire or something better in the wet elements, we will see!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone found a set of touring type tires yet. I do like the stock tires, they do well on the twisties, but they seem to be wearing out quick from commuting. I’m looking for something that can handle a lot of highway miles.

I have been searching and have been having difficulties locating a set. I can find a front or rear, but not a set that has front and rear stock sizes.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Has anyone found a set of touring type tires yet. I do like the stock tires, they do well on the twisties, but they seem to be wearing out quick from commuting. I’m looking for something that can handle a lot of highway miles.

I have been searching and have been having difficulties locating a set. I can find a front or rear, but not a set that has front and rear stock sizes.
Yes I can recommend the Michelin Pilot Street Radials. I had these on my CBR300 and compared to the OEM rubber I got more miles out of the rear AND they gripped better. A win/win.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts