Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum doing a quick google search. I went to my local dealer and took a look at some bikes and this nice black and green ninja jumped out at me. Did the app (was already approved but wanted better rates) so I should be finalizing in the morning (went closing to closing time). I've ridden before but very sparingly so it should be a good experience. I'm 5'7 190 but it still seems a little high for me (prefer to be flat footed) so ill be lowering just a bit. Bike looks awesome. Look forward to meeting anyone if your in the south texas area.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Found this forum doing a quick google search. I went to my local dealer and took a look at some bikes and this nice black and green ninja jumped out at me. Did the app (was already approved but wanted better rates) so I should be finalizing in the morning (went closing to closing time). I've ridden before but very sparingly so it should be a good experience. I'm 5'7 190 but it still seems a little high for me (prefer to be flat footed) so ill be lowering just a bit. Bike looks awesome. Look forward to meeting anyone if your in the south texas area.
Welcome to the forums Mr Nice Guy.
Before you lower the bike have them ajust the rear spring down a notch... I'm 5'7 and I can nearly flat foot with it in that position.

You found the right forum for all things Ninja 400, with tons of nice people from around the world.

Plenty to read sit back and enjoy, get to know the forum structure....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am 5' 3 with shoes - no problems except backing up on a hill

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm 5'7 190 but it still seems a little high for me (prefer to be flat footed)

Welcome to the forum... congrats on the new bike!

I am also 5'7" and although our inseams might still be different.. I did the easy solution..I passed the 220 weight class and it magically allows me to be flat footed without adjusting the preload.. :angel::grin::angel:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do i need a special tool or anything to do this? I'm pretty new to bikes in general especially sport bikes. Been building cars and my diesel truck for some years though.

You should have the tool in your toolkit under the driver seat.. the adjustment process can be found on page 127 of your owners manual.. its basically just placing this c-shape wrench on the shock and pushing or pulling till it clicks on the setting you want..

Couldn't find a 400 Ninja YouTube to show it any better.. but its pretty basic..here is a youtube of a 650 doing it.. https://youtu.be/kn0tq9sH9VU?t=19s

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the bike delivered Sat afternoon and took it for a few quick trips. Easy bike to get used to riding on. Love it so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bike has been pretty awesome thus far. Hit 600 miles last week before my vacation so will be getting the first oil change done here soon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Glad you like the bike. Seems you're enjoying it without having to lower. I'm 5'6" and I feel it's just fine the way it is -- didn't even have to adjust the preload.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts