Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am picking up my new Ninja 400 tomorrow! This will be the first bike I have ever owned. I just completed my beginners motorcycle rider course at the local community college and received my motorcycle license. I am proud to be a part of this forum and look forward to the many discussions we will have.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to forum man, and glad to hear you'll be getting your first bike so soon! What color did you end up going with?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a female Haha sorry I should have mentioned that! Thank you! I took off work tomorrow to go get it. I ended up going with the solar yellow and grey. I am having trouble finding riding gear to match it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats the bike. Glad that you took the MSF course to learn the basics.

I also have the Pearl Yellow/Gray. It's a great color.

·
Registered
29 Posts
'I ended up going with the solar yellow and grey. I am having trouble finding riding gear to match it.

Its defo a woman thing lol!

Welcome - hope you have many miles of smiles

·
Registered
423 Posts
Haha I don't think it's a gender thing since there are a lot of guys that want to color coordinate with their bike or just go with a stealth/blacked out look.

None of my gear color matches the N400 but to be fair it never matched my first bike either. I was more concerned about fit, comfort, and protection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I definitely thought it was the best color choice. I am going to ride it home! The course was very informational and I am so glad I took it. As for the gear I am going to get the most protective gear I can afford. But for now I have red and black Joe Rocket gear and a red and black Bell helmet that will do the job.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I'm pleased to hear that your going to ride it home. I think one of the exciting bits of the whole buying a new bike gig is riding away from the dealer on your new machine that you've just invested in. Yee ha!
If it's raining be mindful of those brand new tyres though, they're real slippery when fresh outta the molds. :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm pleased to hear that your going to ride it home. I think one of the exciting bits of the whole buying a new bike gig is riding away from the dealer on your new machine that you've just invested in. Yee ha!
If it's raining be mindful of those brand new tyres though, they're real slippery when fresh outta the molds. :eek:
I rode mine out of the dealership in the snow :grin: the tires gripped surprisingly well! But yes, please do be careful.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the world of two wheels fellow female rider! Make sure your riding boots protect those ankles!
Maybe it's just me, but the extra support is nice when I'm stuck in traffic and I do the bike side tip dance for fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts