Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up!! Im John.

I'm still somewhat new to the life. I'm a big guy. 5'11 280lbs. I started on a Honda Ruckus scooter. Rode it around for about half a year needed more power so I then bought a Honda Grom. Rode that till I lowsided it trying to avoid a pothole. healed up and got back on the Grom. Soon after that I needed more power so July 2021 I bought my Ninja 400. Got the ninja I was 350lbs. I've dropped 50+lbs riding around in the South Texas Sun.

sidenote: My wife was 100% against the bike life. After I bought the Ninja she got the bike bug!! Now she has a white Gixxer 250!!!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
1,046 Posts
This is what it's all about.
It doesn't matter what your size is, what gender, or what you look like.
It's about having fun and enjoying the ride. 🤗

I'm 6 foot at 210 and love my Ninja 400. It's roomy as heck for me, does not feel cramped at all, and extremely fun at the track when hitting the technical sections on track.

Yeah I too look like a giant on a small bike but compared to my VTR1000 it's way more fun to ride and just as roomy as the VTR.

Glad you're here and got the wifey into the bike life as well. 🙏🤜🤛
As you continue to ride get a fork spring to suit your weight and change the fork oil to a 20 weight to have a better feel to the front end.
Get the GSXR 1000 rear shock and change out the spring to one to fit your weight and it'll be like a new bike and way more enjoyable. 👍

Enjoy the ride and welcome again. 🤙

1 - 6 of 6 Posts